About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Basel, Lauterbrunnen, Zermatt - which pass?
MySwissAlps features commercial and non-commercial links.

Basel, Lauterbrunnen, Zermatt - which pass?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Sonali2020
Sonali2020
3 posts
Sep 22, 2020 - 2:37 AM

I am planning to visit Switzerland from Paris. My travel plan is as follows-

1. Basel to Lauterbrunnen and stay for 5 day. Visit Schilthorn via Mürren, Top of Europe Jungfraujoch, Wengen and Grindelwald, lake Brienz

2. Then from Lauterbrunnen to Montreux and same to Zermatt and stay there for 2 nights and next day go to Gornergrat.

3. Then from Zermatt to St. Moritz by Glacier express and stay there for 1 night.

4. From St. Moritz go to Zürich and leave from there.

With this above itinerary I can’t figure out that among the different Swiss travel pass which one suits me. Anyone can help me out. Thank you.

Anna
Anna
991 posts
top member &
Sep 22, 2020 - 5:27 AM in reply to Sonali2020

Hi Sonali2020,

Thanks for joining MySwissAlps.

Great to know you are visiting Switzerland. Based on your itinerary I would personally recommend getting the 8-day Swiss Travel Pass and use a Saver Day Pass for the ninth day.

You can find more details below:

If you would like to explore other combination passes that may be suitable, you can use this guide to choosing a railpass: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Anna

1960man
1960man
2748 posts
top member
Sep 22, 2020 - 9:46 PM in reply to Sonali2020

A Swiss travel Pass best suits your type of itinerary. Which version depends on the exact number of days you want to travel, and whether or not you would be able to/wish to avoid using the pass for a day which would allow you to opt for the Flexi pass.

If you plan is a total of x travel days - ie

Basel - Bernese Oberland = 1

'5 days in Bernese Oberland' = 5

Bernese Oberland - Zermatt = 1

Zermatt - Gornergrat = 1

Zermatt - St Moritz = 1

St Moritz - Zurich = 1

That is ten days of travel, so you would need a 15 day continuous STP, However if you avoid long distance travel on 2 days, you could opt for an 8 days in 1 month STP Flexi

hockeyfan
hockeyfan
66 posts
Sep 23, 2020 - 12:58 AM in reply to 1960man

We have often done similar trips and have always found the half fare card to be the most economical. If you add the savings of the super saver and the saver day pass, you can save even more. The Swiss Pass is the most convenient, but by far the most expensive. Have a great trip.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1047 posts
top member &
Sep 23, 2020 - 6:58 AM

Hi Sonali2020,

you've received more options, if you are unsure or have doubt, I recommend using our calculation spreadsheet, it helps you to compare your options and also helps to do the math for you :) You'll find it on the same link that Anna shared with you: www.myswissalps.com/train/ticketspasses/practical/chooserailpass.

Here you can read about the different passes, make sure, to check all the labels on these pages:

This is also a great page, comparing the Saver Day Pass, Half Fare Card or Swiss Travel Pass: www.myswissalps.com/saverdaypass/details.

I hope this will help you to see clearly, if not please let us know. :)

Ildiko

More information on the regions and cities you are planning to visit:

Last modified on Sep 23, 2020 - 7:02 AM by Ildiko
hockeyfan
hockeyfan
66 posts
Sep 23, 2020 - 10:26 AM in reply to Ildiko

The calulation spreadsheet mentioned above is wonderful and well worth trying it. I was hesitant at first, but very easy once you get started.

Ildiko
Ildiko
1047 posts
top member &
Sep 23, 2020 - 6:47 PM in reply to hockeyfan

I am happy to hear that you liked the spreadsheet :) Thanks for the feedback!

Ildiko

Sonali2020
Sonali2020
3 posts
Sep 24, 2020 - 6:26 AM in reply to Ildiko

Thank you

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2021