Basel to Interlaken – Luzern connection time

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 16:56:08 #812527

Hi all,

I plan to travel from Basel SBB station to Interlaken Ost via GP line, but notice the following from the SBB apps :-

7:17 Basel SBB

8:30 Luzern Pl. 8

– 35 minis walk –

90:5 Luzern Pl.12

10:55 Interlaken Ost

Is the “35 mins walk” between the platform in Luzern a must, or is there any other alternative way ? I can;t find any from the apps.

Appreciate if you could give me some clue to avoid this 35 mins walk. Thanks.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 17:55:15 #866285

Hi Tazbb,

It doesn’t mean that it is a 35 minute walk – but rather that you have 35 minutes between trains to walk there. So lots of time to travel between those platforms. 🙂

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 July 2017 at 18:29:11 #866286

Oh I see ! No wonder ! as it sounds ridiculous for walking 35 mins between platforms within the same station.

Thanks so much for your clarification, Lucas :))

• The thread ‘Basel to Interlaken – Luzern connection time’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11040 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.