Short scenic train journey from Basel?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    10 December 2017 at 22:58:59 #872746

<<” 1017 posts

top member

Dec 10, 2017 – 10:18 PM in reply to Slowpoke

<<“

I don’t even know anyone who drinks Foster’s (en.m.wikipedia.org/wik i/Foster%27s_Lager) and have not seen it on tap in a Pub since I was last in Earls Court.”>>

We get Foster’s here in huge cans….Not sure who buys them, but they move off the shelf. Visit us in Connecticut sometime if you want to try some. 😉

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 December 2017 at 17:44:51 #872747

Hi to all contributors, especially regulars – I have been posting for longer than you but can’t keep up!

Wishing you all a Merry Christmas and Happy new Year and looking forward to your further contributions which are always helpful and often entertaining as well!

My plans for 2018 are well in hand, accommodation , flights, travel passes all taken care of – just the finer details of excursions to plan now – will enjoy doing that now the new timetable is available. Looking out of my window at a snow-covered garden while you Aussies are approaching Summer!

We are spending a week in Lugano in early June (will come to Rockoyster for help with that one, no doubt) then a week in St. Moritz early September, moving on to Uetendorf apartment for 3 weeks after that. As a regular pass buyer from STC I was offered passes at 2017 prices for 2018 which I took advantage of!

Maggie

Arno
    15484 posts
    11 December 2017 at 18:40:44 #872748

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for your kind wishes. I’m looking forward to hear more about the day trips you have in mind. And to your trip report once you’re back 🙂 I recommend to post this in a new thread. Your post will be much easier to find than here on page 2 of a different discussion.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 December 2017 at 21:14:39 #872749

Hi Maggie,

Seasons greetings from the Great Southern Land. youtu.be/aZ4NuX0qWuY

Summer is indeed upon us and I dream of snow.

This thread has certainly developed a life of it’s own. 😎

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • The thread ‘Short scenic train journey from Basel?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.