Basel SBB train station to river cruise port

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    30 September 2019 at 0:41:59 #824030

Hello, my plan for early November is to take the train from Interlachen to Basel and meet up with our river cruise boat. The station the train will arrive at is Basel SBB? I’d like to spend the day in Basel sightseeing. I’m not sure how far port is from the station- is it walkable? I’ve read that luggage can be stored at the train station, maybe leaving the bags there and retrieving them on the way to the port? Thanks in advance

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

pvonk
    Participant
    384 posts
    30 September 2019 at 1:39:55 #922885

Have you asked the river cruise company where in Basel the ship is docked? If so, just do a search on google maps for the dock, do another for the train station.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    30 September 2019 at 7:26:48 #922886

Hello Jan and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Most of the major river cruise operators offer pickup from Basel SBB station.

TellyBrian
    Participant
    9 posts
    1 October 2019 at 4:00:24 #922887

The cruise area is 6 KM from the station according the hotel that I have booked for a river cruise later this month.

JaneEB
    Participant
    219 posts
    1 October 2019 at 8:18:43 #922888

Hi Janm909

I suggest that if your cruise company don’t offer the option to collect you from the station you check the journey on the SBB Timetable http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable or the SBB Mobile app to see if there is public transport from the station to the dock.

If you enter Basel SBB as your location and the dock address as your destination the app will show any public transport options available, whether it be train, bus or tram with times and connections, plus platform numbers, bus/tram numbers and walking routes to stops and to the dock.

If none available you will probably have to take a taxi.

Hope this is of help.

Jane

• The thread ‘Basel SBB train station to river cruise port’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.