Beautiful Jungfraujoch night view from webcam

• Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    28 November 2020 at 19:56:56 #825739

As many regular readers know I check the Jungfraujoch webcams daily and I was a little late today but what a bonus that was. There is virtually a full moon tonight and it results in some fantastic views – simply stunning.

I have noticed on the photo there are 3 illuminated areas on or around the mountain, first from the left I assume is the Sphinx Observatory but I wonder if our experts can explain the 2 other lights – the larger one in the middle and slightly higher the small ones.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Anna
    6382 posts
    28 November 2020 at 20:40:02 #934477

Hi Hudspith,

Sorry from the picture I really can’t tell. But thanks for sharing this piece of information! It’s wonderful to know we are still able to enjoy these views from a webcam. But of course, we can’t wait until we can travel again.

Regards,

Anna

Arno
    15484 posts
    30 November 2020 at 8:53:31 #934478

Hi Hudspith,

The picture is from the camera at Grindelwald-First, so we’re looking at the Eiger. Jungfraujoch can’t be seen from here; it’s just around the corner on the right of the Eiger. The light at the middle of the mountain might be the Eigerwand train stop, where trains actually don’t stop at the moment.

Hudspith
    Participant
    71 posts
    1 December 2020 at 12:41:14 #934479

Hello Arno – thank you for your reply. I too had thought that it may have been the Eigerwand train stop as if you look at the same webcam during the day there is a dark grey area only just noticeable which suggests the “windows” of the station. It really shows how huge the mountains are – I wondered if the very tiny lights were climbers but not sure if they would be climbing at this time of year.

• The thread ‘Beautiful Jungfraujoch night view from webcam’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.