Bench for the vista of the Jungfrau region

• Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    29 September 2022 at 22:15:24 #828452

Hi, we love hiking and will do much on our Switzerland trip next Summer in the Jungfrau region as well as Zermatt. However, we also have seen on many you-tube video’s people lounging on benches (even the ground) at beautiful spots along hiking trails as well as at special spots in the many beautiful towns in and around the Jungfrau region. We agree that nearly all vista’s are winners on a clear day.

Has anyone in this forum provided a compilation of the “very best vista’s” to just sit and enjoy the scenery at selected locations; including sunrise and sunset?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 September 2022 at 22:32:03 #947473

I’m not sure anyone would have compiled such a list as – put simply – wherever you go can be considered a ‘best vista’ – this applies to a very large amount of Switzerland, not just the Jungfrau area! Just walk the hikes and stop where you like!

Anna
    6382 posts
    30 September 2022 at 6:04:15 #947474

Hi Swede4life,

I am not aware of any so-called Best Bench List but you could probably start the ball rolling 🙂

I definitely agree with 1960man that the best vista can be found everywhere. You can find benches on most mountain trails and the views will rarely disappoint. I know for sure the benches along the Männlichen-Kleine Scheidegg trail have some of the most amazing views.

Regards,

Anna

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    30 September 2022 at 22:03:38 #947475

I know there are benches with nice views at Bachalpsee, Royal walk at Mannlichen, and Schynige Platte. However I agree with the above posts that the best views are on more remote less traveled trails where you chose a rock or patch of grass to stop and enjoy the view. I included numerous photos of scenic viewpoints in a recent post. Trip report- Wengen and Sils Maria in September

Mark

Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    30 September 2022 at 23:33:33 #947476

Thank you.

Mark
    Participant
    804 posts
    1 October 2022 at 15:10:16 #947477

In my opinion the trails in the Jungfrau area that are most scenic are:

Panaramaweg trail on Schynige Platte

The leg from Bachalpsee to Waldspitz or Bussalp.

The Eiger trail.

The Mountain View trail.

First to Grosse Scheidegg.

I gave a detailed report on 3 of these trails along with sample photos of the views you can expect in the trip report mentioned above. If this interests you you can see the report under Forum/ Trip reports/ recent threads on this website.

Mark

Swede4life
    Participant
    120 posts
    1 October 2022 at 16:19:51 #947478

Will do. Thank you.

• The thread ‘Bench for the vista of the Jungfrau region’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11060 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.