Apr 1, 2018 - 11:45 AM
in reply to Swisscheese
>> 9 nights in Dec, taking in the Christmas period. Staying in Wengen
Have you already booked your accommodation?
>> We thought a regional pass would offer particular benefits to that area, but from what I've read that doesn't seem to be the case, am I correct in that thought ?
No, you're not :-)
In a nutshell, the Hiking and Sledging Pass provides unlimited free travel on a variety of mountain transport that is only 50% discounted with the Swiss Travel Pass.
The 2017-18 Hiking and Sledging Pass provided unlimited free travel on the following:
- Trains between Interlaken Ost, Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen, Wengen and Mürren
- Trains Grindelwald, Lauterbrunnen and Wengen to Kleine Scheidegg and Eigergletscher
- Gondola Grindelwald Grund to Männlichen
- Cable car Wengen to Männlichen
- Gondola Grindelwald to First
- Bus Grindelwald to Bussalp until 16.00
- Funicular Mürren to Allmendhubel
- Bus and cable car Lauterbrunnen-Stechelberg-Mürren
- Cable car and train Lauterbrunnen-Grütschalp-Mürren
If you get a Hiking and Sledging Pass for at least 3 days, you also get 50% discount on tickets between:
I have attached a map that shows the coverage of the Hiking and Sledging Pass.
I would expect the coverage to be the same for 2018-19, but you would need to check closer to the end of the year, just in case they make some changes.
Last modified on Apr 1, 2018 - 11:46 AM by Alpenrose666
Please login to see the attached documents