Swiss Travel Pass and 4 day itinerary help

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
greatrahul
greatrahul
1 post
May 29, 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hi,

We are a family of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) travelling to Lucerne on 21-Jun-17 and going out on 24-jun-17 to venice. I would be glad if someone can guide on the queries below.

1. I had initially purchased tickets from Paris to Basel (TGV Lyria). Later i took the swiss travel pass which would cover the journey from Basel to Lucerne.

a. So now do i need to do any reservation using the swiss travel pass for the journey from Basel to Lucerne?

b. As i purchased the swiss travel pass later (after booking my train tickets for TGV Lyria), is there any discount which i missed or can still avail now that i have taken a swiss pass for that day?

3. My itinerary is as follows..

21-Jun - Arrive in Lucerne at 12:00. After lunch (around 2 pm) do the Mount rigi - i hope half a day excursion is good enough).

22-Jun - Do Mount Titlis during the day and hang out in lucerne lake area in evening.

23-Jun - Not clear on what to do.... Either jungfrau or Mount Pilatus or trying to find a beautiful place where i can i visit

24-Jun - Move to Venice. (availed the discount using swiss travel pass)

Lucas
Lucas
10385 posts
expert &
May 29, 2017 - 4:49 PM in reply to greatrahul

Hi Greatrahul and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. No reservations are required or often available on Swiss trains
  2. No, the Swiss Travel Pass does not give you a discount on routes outside of Switzerland
  3. June 21 - Yes, 1/2 a day on Mt. Rigi is fine
  4. June 22 - Good plan
  5. June 23 - Jungfraujoch is about 4 hours each way from Luzern - see train timetable here. Mt. Pilatus is an option as is Stanserhorn, both are near Luzern.
  6. June 24 - yes, you just need to buy a ticket from Chiasso to Venice (via Milan).

Cheers!
Lucas

Last modified on May 29, 2017 - 4:50 PM by Lucas
Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
May 30, 2017 - 1:44 AM in reply to greatrahul

>> 22-Jun - Do Mount Titlis during the day and hang out in lucerne lake area in evening.

You might be interested in doing a round trip evening cruise by steamship on the Vierwaldstättersee (Lake Luzern) to Beckenried.

On 22 June, the last round trip leaves Luzern Bahnhofquai (wharf opposite Luzern railway station) at 19:12, and reaches Beckenried at 20:31. Stay on board for the return trip leaving Beckenried one minute later at 20:32 and arriving back at Luzern at 21:47. (This is the last boat back to Luzern). Sunset will be at 21:25, so during the last 20 minutes or so, you will enjoy the view of town and city lights as darkness falls. As you will have a Swiss Travel Pass, this trip will be free.

Dress warmly, including a scarf, as it can be chilly out on deck in the evening!

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 30, 2017 - 1:44 AM by Removed user

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019