Swiss Travel Pass and 4 day itinerary help

Swiss Travel Pass and 4 day itinerary help

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
greatrahul
greatrahul
1 post
May 29, 2017 - 10:59 AM

Hi,

We are a family of 5 (4 adults and 1 child) travelling to Lucerne on 21-Jun-17 and going out on 24-jun-17 to venice. I would be glad if someone can guide on the queries below.

1. I had initially purchased tickets from Paris to Basel (TGV Lyria). Later i took the swiss travel pass which would cover the journey from Basel to Lucerne.

a. So now do i need to do any reservation using the swiss travel pass for the journey from Basel to Lucerne?

b. As i purchased the swiss travel pass later (after booking my train tickets for TGV Lyria), is there any discount which i missed or can still avail now that i have taken a swiss pass for that day?

3. My itinerary is as follows..

21-Jun - Arrive in Lucerne at 12:00. After lunch (around 2 pm) do the Mount rigi - i hope half a day excursion is good enough).

22-Jun - Do Mount Titlis during the day and hang out in lucerne lake area in evening.

23-Jun - Not clear on what to do.... Either jungfrau or Mount Pilatus or trying to find a beautiful place where i can i visit

24-Jun - Move to Venice. (availed the discount using swiss travel pass)

Lucas
Lucas
3376 posts
expert &
May 29, 2017 - 4:49 PM in reply to greatrahul

Hi Greatrahul and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. No reservations are required or often available on Swiss trains
  2. No, the Swiss Travel Pass does not give you a discount on routes outside of Switzerland
  3. June 21 - Yes, 1/2 a day on Mt. Rigi is fine
  4. June 22 - Good plan
  5. June 23 - Jungfraujoch is about 4 hours each way from Luzern - see train timetable here. Mt. Pilatus is an option as is Stanserhorn, both are near Luzern.
  6. June 24 - yes, you just need to buy a ticket from Chiasso to Venice (via Milan).

Cheers!
Lucas

Last modified on May 29, 2017 - 4:50 PM by Lucas
Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1186 posts
top member
May 30, 2017 - 1:44 AM in reply to greatrahul

>> 22-Jun - Do Mount Titlis during the day and hang out in lucerne lake area in evening.

You might be interested in doing a round trip evening cruise by steamship on the Vierwaldstättersee (Lake Luzern) to Beckenried.

On 22 June, the last round trip leaves Luzern Bahnhofquai (wharf opposite Luzern railway station) at 19:12, and reaches Beckenried at 20:31. Stay on board for the return trip leaving Beckenried one minute later at 20:32 and arriving back at Luzern at 21:47. (This is the last boat back to Luzern). Sunset will be at 21:25, so during the last 20 minutes or so, you will enjoy the view of town and city lights as darkness falls. As you will have a Swiss Travel Pass, this trip will be free.

Dress warmly, including a scarf, as it can be chilly out on deck in the evening!

Alpenrose

Last modified on May 30, 2017 - 1:44 AM by Alpenrose666

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017