How to best reach Berghaus Bort in Grindelwald

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2019 at 11:17:01 #822128

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to travel to the below mentioned hotel from Grindelwald Railway Station? Is it far from the railway station or walk able distance?

Hotel Berghaus Bort, Berghaus Bort, 3818 Grindelwald, Switzerland

Thanks for your time

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 June 2019 at 15:19:57 #914596

Hello Shabu,

Walking to the Berghaus Bort is NOT a good idea, as it is located at the intermediate station of the Mount First cable car from Grindelwald. Find detailed arrival instructions on their website below:
    http://www.bort.swiss/en/cont act-arrival/arrival
    http://www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/

Best,
    Steph

Also check:
    http://www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald

pvonk
    Participant
    382 posts
    9 June 2019 at 19:32:39 #914597

@shabu, I was curious about your question. I cut and pasted the address you gave into the google maps app. If you can, try that. The hotel location is far outside the Grindelwald village, I mean really far up a mountain. You might email the hotel to ask about a bus connection.

Arno
    15483 posts
    10 June 2019 at 6:44:29 #914598

Hi Shabu,

This is one of the hotels listed on our page http://www.myswissalps.com/ho tels/mountaintops. It takes about half an hour to get there: walk (or bus) from the train station to the cable car station, then take the cable car up.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2019 at 18:39:47 #914599

Hi Steph,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have few more doubts.

1) From the railway station we have to move to the cable car with luggage. Is luggage permitted in the cable car? Is it walk able distance to cable car from Grindelwald Railway Station?

2) Some one in this forum has mentioned that there is no stop and cable car directly stops at Mount First. Like to hear your comments on this. Will we get any assistance in the cable car where to get down? What is the name of this intermediate station?

3) What will be the rate of cable car with swiss travel pass to this hotel?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2019 at 18:41:52 #914600

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to know where we have to get down? Can you name that cable car station?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2019 at 18:45:50 #914601

You are right pvonk. It is somewhere about 5 km from the Grindelwald Railway station. But after seeing the reviews and photos of this hotel, I liked it very much. Scenery outside is fantastic. Just confused how to get there via cable car with luggages. Thank you

Arno
    15483 posts
    11 June 2019 at 5:27:47 #914602

Hi Shabu,

It’s a direct cable car to First, but it passes a few stops including the one called Bort. You can get off there. It will move extremely slow when passing that stop, and the staff can also stop it completely. Just tell them you want to get off at Bort when you are at the bottom station, and they will assist you. Luggage is not a problem, but you may need to split your group across two cabins as they are small. No problem though, this is every day business for cable car companies.

• The thread ‘How to best reach Berghaus Bort in Grindelwald’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10970 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.