How to best reach Berghaus Bort in Grindelwald

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
shabu
shabu
8 posts
Jun 9, 2019 - 11:17 AM

Hi,

Can you please tell me how to travel to the below mentioned hotel from Grindelwald Railway Station? Is it far from the railway station or walk able distance?

Hotel Berghaus Bort, Berghaus Bort, 3818 Grindelwald, Switzerland

Thanks for your time

Steph
Steph
1979 posts
top member &
Jun 9, 2019 - 3:19 PM in reply to shabu

Hello Shabu,

Walking to the Berghaus Bort is NOT a good idea, as it is located at the intermediate station of the Mount First cable car from Grindelwald. Find detailed arrival instructions on their website below:
- www.bort.swiss/en/cont act-arrival/arrival
- www.jungfrau.ch/en-gb/grindelwaldfirst/

Best,
Steph

Also check:
- www.myswissalps.com/gr indelwald

Last modified on Jun 9, 2019 - 3:20 PM by Steph
pvonk
pvonk
233 posts
Jun 9, 2019 - 7:32 PM in reply to shabu

@shabu, I was curious about your question. I cut and pasted the address you gave into the google maps app. If you can, try that. The hotel location is far outside the Grindelwald village, I mean really far up a mountain. You might email the hotel to ask about a bus connection.

Arno
Arno
14101 posts
expert &
Jun 10, 2019 - 6:44 AM

Hi Shabu,

This is one of the hotels listed on our page www.myswissalps.com/ho tels/mountaintops. It takes about half an hour to get there: walk (or bus) from the train station to the cable car station, then take the cable car up.

shabu
shabu
8 posts
Jun 10, 2019 - 6:39 PM in reply to Steph

Hi Steph,

Thank you very much for your reply. I have few more doubts.

1) From the railway station we have to move to the cable car with luggage. Is luggage permitted in the cable car? Is it walk able distance to cable car from Grindelwald Railway Station?

2) Some one in this forum has mentioned that there is no stop and cable car directly stops at Mount First. Like to hear your comments on this. Will we get any assistance in the cable car where to get down? What is the name of this intermediate station?

3) What will be the rate of cable car with swiss travel pass to this hotel?

shabu
shabu
8 posts
Jun 10, 2019 - 6:41 PM in reply to Arno

Hi Arno,

Thanks for your reply. I would like to know where we have to get down? Can you name that cable car station?

shabu
shabu
8 posts
Jun 10, 2019 - 6:45 PM in reply to pvonk

You are right pvonk. It is somewhere about 5 km from the Grindelwald Railway station. But after seeing the reviews and photos of this hotel, I liked it very much. Scenery outside is fantastic. Just confused how to get there via cable car with luggages. Thank you

Arno
Arno
14101 posts
expert &
Jun 11, 2019 - 5:27 AM

Hi Shabu,

It's a direct cable car to First, but it passes a few stops including the one called Bort. You can get off there. It will move extremely slow when passing that stop, and the staff can also stop it completely. Just tell them you want to get off at Bort when you are at the bottom station, and they will assist you. Luggage is not a problem, but you may need to split your group across two cabins as they are small. No problem though, this is every day business for cable car companies.

Last modified on Jun 11, 2019 - 5:28 AM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019