Bernina Express and Golden Pass your advice

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 3:11:22 #817057

I am very grateful for all the information I have found out about Switzerland from your forums. I am about to finalise our trip to Switzerland in August and September.and would like you advise on the following. We are interested in you magnificent scenery.

After three days in Luzern on the 1st September we go by train to Davos and I Have booked there for 2nights but I am considering if we should overnight in Davos the take the Berina Express to St. Moritz overnight there and then the next morning catch the train back to Filisur in time to catch the Glacier Express to Zermatt (i have already made these seat reservations)

On the 5th we leave Zermatt to go to Montreux and I was considering catching a regional train to Zweisimmen then catching the Golden Pass Line to Montreux for the views or would you go direct to Montreux

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 14:41:05 #890128

Hi Nanadell,

Both ideas are fine if you have the time. Especially Zermatt to Zweisimmen – that is a long trip but very scenic when you go via Kandersteg between Brig and Spiez. https://www.myswissalp s.com/timetable

You can take a regional train from Filisur and then a Glacier Express train to St. Moritz. But the schedule might not line up for you. In any case if you are taking the Glacier Express from to Zermatt, I would just take regional trains prior to that (same routes) and much easier to plan. https://www.myswissalp s.com/glacierexpress/g ettingthere

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 19:56:13 #890129

Thank you Lucas for you help

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 July 2018 at 23:41:06 #890130

If you now want to include St Moritz, you would have been better off booking the GEX from St Moritz in the first place. However, I wonder if you would be allowed to modify your existing reservations (which I assume is Filisur – Zermatt) because your seats will be empty between St Moritz and Filisur because no-one is allowed to travel on the GEX St Moritz to Filisur.

If this is not possible you would catch (the Bernina Express is not relevant to your journey) normal regional trains Davos – Filisur – St Moritz (day 1), and St Moritz – Filisur early on day 2 as you would have to travel on a regional train (ie the 09.02 or 10.02 from St Moritz) ahead of the GEX you are already booked on.

If I were you I’d relax and just take the direct route ZermattMontreux, you will see plenty of scenery

• The thread ‘Bernina Express and Golden Pass your advice’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.