Route Lucerne to Jungfrau and Bern and time needed

Route Lucerne to Jungfrau and Bern and time needed

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
rshah1
rshah1
66 posts
Feb 9, 2017 - 4:22 AM

I will be in Lucern on 6/2. i want to visit Jungfrau and Bern. What is the best route and how many days i need?

Rika

Annika
Annika
4880 posts
expert &
Feb 9, 2017 - 2:16 PM

Hi Rika,

I'd say you need one day for the Jungfraujoch and one day for Bern. The pages I linked to include "Route" and "How to travel" tabs explaining how to get there. Along with the timetable they'll provide detailed information, allowing you to plan your trips from Lucerne.

Last modified on Feb 9, 2017 - 2:27 PM by Arno
Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3628 posts
expert
Feb 9, 2017 - 8:38 PM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rika -

In addition to Annika's comments, this map will be helpful:

map.search.ch/?pos=687872,192768&z=4

Zoom in for rail lines. Transport stops can be made visible on the map, in the menus under Points of Interest/Traffic.

The trip to Bern is fast, and you can vary your time in Bern. Still, you'll need a good part of the day

Slowpoke

Last modified on Feb 10, 2017 - 1:38 AM by Slowpoke
rshah1
rshah1
66 posts
Feb 11, 2017 - 6:11 AM

I want to visit Jungfrau & Bern in june. what is the best place to stay.

Rika

Arno
Arno
9572 posts
expert &
Feb 11, 2017 - 10:28 AM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rika,

That depends on what you mean by "best". Logistically Interlaken would work well. But there are more scenic towns in the Jungfrau region and on Lake Thun and Lake Brienz.

Slowpoke
Slowpoke
3628 posts
expert
Feb 11, 2017 - 1:54 PM in reply to rshah1

Hi Rika -

In early June, the villages at higher altitude, near the Jungfrau, are just awakening from the between seasons break. Interlaken tends to not be so seasonal, and the lower altitude means Spring has begun.

Although the transport will be working on a regular schedule, and most hotels and restaurants are open, you may find that some do not open until later in June.

The transport to the Jungfraujoch runs all year.

Before you ride over to the Jungfrau, check the weather forecast late the day beofore. If it is cloudy on high, you may pay a lot to see the inside of clouds. The weather in the high Alps changes frequently, so watch the weather forecast closely.

Slowpoke

darrell
darrell
38 posts
Feb 11, 2017 - 8:47 PM in reply to rshah1

Again for planning purposes I cannot recommend enough the site of Rome2Rio-----what I looked up seems lucern to Berne --------1 hour via train-------Berne to Interlaken--47 minutes----Interlaken to Jungfrau---------2hr and 45 min( Remember it takes 1 hr 21 minutes via train to top of Junfreau from Klein Scheidegg train station This part i think is correct--------any one please correct if wrong info---------Hoping for good weather and probably will have to adjust plans accordingly

Arno
Arno
9572 posts
expert &
Feb 11, 2017 - 9:23 PM in reply to darrell

Hi Darrell,

The last travel time you mentioned is not correct, it's 35 minutes only. I recommend the Swiss timetable for detailed schedules of all public transport.

Indeed keep an eye on the weather!

darrell
darrell
38 posts
Feb 11, 2017 - 9:37 PM in reply to Arno

Thanks Arno!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017