2 nights in Bern or Montreux?

2 nights in Bern or Montreux?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mapara
Mapara
12 posts
May 12, 2018 - 8:39 PM

We are planning a 8 day, 9 night trip in early June

So far we have booked the first 2 nights in Lucerne, 5th through 8th in Wengen and final night in Zurich

we would like to see the Castle in Montreux and spend a little time in Bern. What is the best base for the 3 and 4th nights? Would it be better to stay near Bern and take a day trip to Montreux or stay in Montreux and swing by Bern on our way to Wengen? Do we need to make reservations now for those nights, or could we figure it out when we get to Switzerland?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give us

rockoyster
rockoyster
3725 posts
expert
May 13, 2018 - 12:45 AM in reply to Mapara

Hello Mapara and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

I would think a couple of nights in Montreux would be quite nice after a trip from Lucerne to Montreux on the Golden Pass Line (www.myswissalps.com/go ldenpass). Better than staying in Bern I'd say.

I would be making reservations to get a suitable hotel.

Last modified on May 13, 2018 - 12:46 AM by rockoyster
Lucas
Lucas
7237 posts
expert &
May 13, 2018 - 1:34 AM in reply to Mapara

Hi Mapara,
I think I'd stay in Montreux as well and just do a day trip to Bern.
The Golden Pass is a great idea to Montreux.

Last modified on May 13, 2018 - 1:34 AM by Lucas
Tamival
Tamival
35 posts
May 13, 2018 - 1:17 PM

Hello,

we did just that....two nights in Lucerne, then Golden Pass to Montreux two nights, then on to Wengen. I only wish we had done three nights in both Lucerne and Montreux, as it’s hard to travel one day, leaving really just one full day for sightseeing. Montreux is lovely. We also sent our luggage ahead from Lucerne to Montreux, then Montreux to Wengen. The express service was always prompt...in fact typically our luggage arrive earlier than their expected time. When traveling with friends, you can poll the luggage so you only pay the one 30chf fee then 12chf per bag rather than doing it separately. We felt it was well worth the money to be ale to change trains, stop for lunch, etc. without dealing with baggage. Enjoy!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018