An evening around Murren?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 April 2018 at 13:47:39 #815575

Hello! I have 1 full day and 2 nights in Berner Oberland – staying in Murren. I need night plans for Murren or close by. My full day plan includes Schilthorn then I would like to do boat cruise around Lane Brienz. Is this realistic considering the distance between the two places? I will have the Swiss Travel Pass. Any other ideas or alterations to this plan will be appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Mark
    Participant
    803 posts
    28 April 2018 at 23:48:06 #883455

Hi Dkanaly

yes I think you can see Schilthorn and boat ride in your full day. I would suggest you pick the part of the day with the best weather to see Schilthorn, either morning or afternoon as there is not much to see if it is too overcast. Commonly it can be clear in the morning and cloudy in the afternoon or vise versa. Mark

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2018 at 2:08:04 #883456

Yes, Schilthorn and a Lake Brienz cruise is doable in a day (if the weather cooperates). Just be flexible on which you do first (based on weather as Mark notes).

You can use the SBB timetable here to see travel times and if they work for you.

• The thread ‘An evening around Murren?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.