Bernese Oberland easy to moderate hut hiking

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
SanKee
SanKee
3 posts
Jul 16, 2017 - 9:03 PM

We are traveling to Switzerland in mid August and are interested in scenic hikes in the Alps. We are in our mid-50s and in good physical condition. We are looking for easy to moderate hikes in Bernese Oberland lasting 2-4 days, preferably hut-to-hut. No technical hiking. Hiking combined with train, gondala, etc. would be fine if it helps to reduce difficulty of trip and increase scenic pleasure and provide higher altitudes.

Thank you.

Lucas
Lucas
9853 posts
expert &
Jul 18, 2017 - 6:15 AM in reply to SanKee

Hi SanKee and welcome to MySwissAlps!

I don't have any personal experience with hut to hut hikes but I can offer some links to help guide you in your research.

I hope this helps with your trip planning. Let us know if you have more questions!

Lucas

SanKee
SanKee
3 posts
Jul 18, 2017 - 12:03 PM

Thank you, Lucas. I will check out the other posts. Any other suggestions on perhaps a good easy to moderate hike to a hut in a higher altitude for just an overnight and returning the same route the next day would be appreciated. Again, using a train, etc. to get to the higher altitude would be fine.

Arno
Arno
11562 posts
expert &
Jul 18, 2017 - 4:04 PM

Hi SanKee,

An easy hike, but at high altitude, is the one to the Mönchsjochhütte. Only an hour from the Jungfraujoch train station, so you can even do it as a day trip without spending the night.

Last modified on Jul 18, 2017 - 4:04 PM by Arno
SanKee
SanKee
3 posts
Jul 21, 2017 - 1:34 AM

Arno, thank you so much for your reply. This looks like a wonderful hike for us.

SanKee

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018