Bernese Oberland 4 days Kandersteg & Lauterbrunnen

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    6 July 2017 at 14:40:35 #812544

Hello. I was hoping to find someone who could help me create travel itinerary.

We are staying in Kandersteg for one night. Getting there early in the morning to see oeschinenesee and ride mountain coaster, also blausee. Then, day after, we are heading to lauterbrunnen valley and staying there 3 nights . And now it gets little tricky as there is so much to do and we have such a little time.

Places we would love to see/things we would love to do : harder kulm, paragliding, mountain cart ( I believe it’s called First mountain cart) , “First” in Grindelwald, Shilthorn, Trummelbad Falls , schloss oberhofen,Brienz, Iseltwald and if time allows Chateau De Chillon… I know it’s a lot. Am I being a dreamer thinking we can do it all in 4 days?

We are going to have our car withus. Is it still worth getting some sort of travel pass?

Thank you so much in advance

P

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 8:20:15 #866396

Hello PHill, welcom on the forum,

When do you visit Switserland ?

The first day is not a problem, you can go from Kandersteg to Oeschinensee, walk to the lake (30 minutes walk one way) and do the Mountain Coaster (Rodelbahn).

By car from Kandersteg to Blausee (15 minutes) one way and visit the See and Fish farm.

From Lauterbrunnen you can do one day village Grindelwald, First (with the Grindelwald<>First Bahn), First Cliff Walk. From First you can walk to the Bachalpsee and back.

A other day you can visit Schilthorn, Mürren, and the Trummelbachfalls. When you have time you can walk from Mürren to Grutsalp and back with the train to Mürren.

Schloss Oberhofen (Thunersee) is the outsite very nice, insite it is only a museum.

We like Brienz and Iseltwald (Brienzersee) but a visit is not longer than 30 minutes. When you go by boat, you can also visit the great Giesbach falls. You can walk under the waterfalls. This day you can also do Harder Kulm in the afternoon (near station Interlaken Ost).

Chateau de Chillon is not in the Bernese Oberland.

Better you can do Lauterbrunnen to Wengen (by train) to Mannlichen, walk to Kleine Scheidegg, walk to Wengernalp (with nice vieuw on the with mountains) train to Wengen and back to Lauterbrunnen.

Greetings Brahms

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 9:46:00 #866397

Ahhhh thank you very much, I appreciate your help. Also where is a good place to find street artists selling paintings of Switzerland in the area?

Thank you

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 10:35:53 #866398

Hi PHill and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Brahms offer some good tips for your itinerary. I would recommend looking at the Swiss Half Fare Cardfor the trains you will need to take. It offers 50% off all tickets (bus, boat, train etc.).

I don’t recall seeing too many street artists actually around Switzerland but you may come across a few.
    Here is a list of towns in the Jungfrau region if you haven’t decided on what town in the Lauterbrunnen valley to stay in.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 10:59:17 #866399

A nice trip is also on the Brienzersee, by boat from Interlaken Ost to Brienz. In Brienz you go with the Brienzer Rothornbahn (very nice steamrailway) up to the Brienzer Rothorn.

When you are back in the village of Brienz you take the train back to Interlaken Ost, and visit in the afternoon the Harderkulm.

Greeting Brahms

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    7 July 2017 at 15:35:58 #866400

Thank you all so much for replying. I just discovered aare gorge lol I’m planning to go there while in brienz and iseltwald. How shall I make that trip to be smooth? Brienz first, then gorge and iseltwald? We are probably going there by car from lauterbrunnen

Arno
    15484 posts
    8 July 2017 at 6:52:19 #866401

Yes, that’s the right order. If you leave the car put in Lauterbrunnen you can go to Iseltwald by boat. Or walk from the Giessbach Falls to Iseltwald along the lake, then take the boat or bus to Interlaken from there. Also you could go to Brienz by boat. Just make sure you have the boat timetable at hand to make things run smoothly. It will be a more varied trip than by car this way.

• The thread ‘Bernese Oberland 4 days Kandersteg & Lauterbrunnen’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.