Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland... but the weather!

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Phil
Phil
10 posts
Jun 26, 2018 - 2:40 PM

I'm visiting Bernese Oberland with my (adult) family arriving this weekend (30th June) until 11 July. We want to do lots of trips and the BO regional pass looks like the best pass for us. However we are a bit concerned about the weather for the next 10-14 days which doesn't look great across the region even though the UK and the West of Europe is in the midst of a heatwave! Should this affect my decision to buy the more expensive pass in advance or is it the case that the weather is so changeable that forecasts can't be relied on? Thanks

Arno
Arno
11554 posts
expert &
Jun 26, 2018 - 2:47 PM

Hi Phil,

You can't rely on forecasts for more than 3 days in advance, and even that's tricky for the Alps. I wouldn't worry about it. The weekend forecasts look great by the way, for what it's worth. Last time I went to Switzerland the long term forecasts looked pretty awful (of course I checked them anyway although I knew not to...). We had a great time with mostly wonderful wetter. Remember that if a forecast predicts rain that can mean anything from a few drops during the night to a whole day of relentless rain. Usually it's only part of the day.

www.myswissalps.com/we ather/forecast

You can buy the pass at a staffed train station or (slightly cheaper) online and print it at home via https://www.happyrail. com/en/pass/europe/swi tzerland/regional-pass-berner-oberland. Please find all options here: www.myswissalps.com/re gionalpassberneseoberl and/price.

Enjoy the Bernese Oberland!

Last modified on Jun 26, 2018 - 2:50 PM by Arno

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018