Bernese Oberland Regional Pass – A Few Questions

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 April 2012 at 9:44:52 #805198

Hi,

Thank you so much for running this forum–is a great help.

My husband and I will be visiting the Bernese Oberland region from May 18-22 next month. I just found out about the 2-for-1 offer on the pass–this is great and I want to buy it.

1) When I click the link from this site to buy the pass and enter our travel date (May 18) and other information, we do not get the 2-for-1 offer. Can you please help me navigate the site to get the offer?

2) What is the estimated shipping time to the USA? We leave for Europe on May 12.

3) Any chance I can just buy the 2-for-1 pass in Bern? We will be coming from Paris and have a ticket to Bern.

Thank you so much.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    29 April 2012 at 13:33:11 #835890

Hi BadgerGirl84, and welcome here!

Did you come across our topic about the regional passes promotion? It explains about the passes and how to order. The offer is not for sale in Switzerland. Just go to the order page and fill out one (1) regional pass, your travel date 2012/05/18 and 2nd class. Then select “Adults” and “3/7 days”. Then tick the box “Apply ‘Buy 1, Get 1 Free’ offer?” that appears and press “Continue”. This will make sure you’ll get a second pass for free.

Delivery to the US takes about 5 business days. Further details about shipping and the reseller can be found here.

I hope this helps you out. Have fun!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 May 2012 at 2:12:46 #835891

Hi there, we are doing our first o/e in September/October this year from New Zealand and are having 2 nights in Lake Como. We are very keen to come to Switzerland for a night or 2 before heading to Venice. Could you pls advise what is involved in train travel btw either Lecco or Como, to Wengen or Grindelwald. ie best trip to take for scenery etc. We are getting a Eurail pass for 2 Italy & France, is it worth getting a 3 country pass if we plan to travel just from Como to Grindelwald and then onto Venice? Many thanks for your help. A rather confused Kiwi novice traveller!

Annika
    7116 posts
    4 May 2012 at 2:42:15 #835892

Hello Fairlie, and welcome to the forum! We’re most happy to help you out, but would you mind posting your question in a new topic first (as it isn’t really related to BadgerGirls’ original post on the Regional-Pass Bernese Oberland)? You can do so by logging in, getting to the rail forum and clicking ‘start new topic’ in the upper right corner above the topic list. Thank you :-)!

• The thread ‘Bernese Oberland Regional Pass – A Few Questions’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.