Bernese Regional Pass coverage & Jungfrau day trip

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 16:05:02 #815934

Hi everyone! I will be staying in Interlaken for three days and from my calculations it seems the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass is most cost-efficient for me. If I am not mistaken, all of the transport listed below should be covered.

Day 0: Arrive and stay in Interlaken

Day 1: I’m planning to do a day trip around the Jungfrau region according to the itinerary here: http://www.myswissalps.com/on edayjungfrauregion When there is an option to walk, let’s assume I’ll walk.

Day 2:

• Interlaken to Kandersteg (Train)
    • Kandersteg to Oeschinensee (Cable car)
    • Toboggan run (1 ride)
    • Kandersteg to Spiez (Train)
    • Spiez to Interlaken West See (Ferry)
    • Interlaken Ost to Harder Kulm (Cableway)

Day 3: (leaving Interlaken):

• Interlaken West to Ost (Train)
    • Interlaken Ost to Luzern (Luzern-Interlaken Express)

Questions

1. Is it correct to say that all the transport as mentioned above are included in the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass? I’ve checked the prices and it will save me 30-40 CHF with the regional pass IF everything is included.
    2. Is the itinerary for Day 1 really feasible? It seems really rushed to me. If I have to forgo going to one or more places in the itinerary, which would you recommend I skip? FYI, I will be visiting from June 13-16.
    3. Any othertips for Day 1?

A big thank you to everyone in advance!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 May 2018 at 19:59:30 #885057

Hi Timothyy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Have you seen our validity page for the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland? That shows you every route that is covered by the pass. You are all set except the toboggan run won’t be covered by the pass.
    2. It is feasible but a long day for sure – big region! But if you want to see as much of the area as possible and you only have 1 day then it can work. Because it is a circle trip of sorts the first part is the easiest to opt-out I think (schynige Platte).
  • The thread ‘Bernese Regional Pass coverage & Jungfrau day trip’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.