Bernese Regional Pass Coverage & Jungfrau Day Trip

Bernese Regional Pass Coverage & Jungfrau Day Trip

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Timothyy
Timothyy
1 post
May 13, 2018 - 4:05 PM

Hi everyone! I will be staying in Interlaken for three days and from my calculations it seems the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass is most cost-efficient for me. If I am not mistaken, all of the transport listed below should be covered.

Day 0: Arrive and stay in Interlaken

Day 1: I'm planning to do a day trip around the Jungfrau region according to the itinerary here: www.myswissalps.com/on edayjungfrauregion When there is an option to walk, let's assume I'll walk.

Day 2:

• Interlaken to Kandersteg (Train)
  • Kandersteg to Oeschinensee (Cable car)
  • Toboggan run (1 ride)
  • Kandersteg to Spiez (Train)
  • Spiez to Interlaken West See (Ferry)
  • Interlaken Ost to Harder Kulm (Cableway)

Day 3: (leaving Interlaken):

• Interlaken West to Ost (Train)
  • Interlaken Ost to Luzern (Luzern-Interlaken Express)

Questions

1. Is it correct to say that all the transport as mentioned above are included in the Bernese Oberland Regional Pass? I've checked the prices and it will save me 30-40 CHF with the regional pass IF everything is included.
  2. Is the itinerary for Day 1 really feasible? It seems really rushed to me. If I have to forgo going to one or more places in the itinerary, which would you recommend I skip? FYI, I will be visiting from June 13-16.
  3. Any othertips for Day 1?

A big thank you to everyone in advance!

Lucas
Lucas
5491 posts
expert &
May 13, 2018 - 7:59 PM in reply to Timothyy

Hi Timothyy and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Have you seen our validity page for the Regional Pass Bernese Oberland? That shows you every route that is covered by the pass. You are all set except the toboggan run won't be covered by the pass.
  2. It is feasible but a long day for sure - big region! But if you want to see as much of the area as possible and you only have 1 day then it can work. Because it is a circle trip of sorts the first part is the easiest to opt-out I think (schynige Platte).

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018