Glacier Express better than Jungfrau and Titlis?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2018 at 18:17:04 #816926

Hi Group,

I would be travelling to Jungfrau and Mount Titlis in July.

I have 1 more day in Swiss and planning where should i go.

Recently i got to know about Glacier express. Was wondering is Glacier train experience all together different from Jungfrau and Titlis ?

Since i would be covering Jungfrau and Titlis, should i still go for Glacier express or should i go for Rhine Fall and Zurich lake ?

Note : I have STP.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    27 June 2018 at 18:41:24 #889584

Hi Ankit,

The activities you are considering are totally different. What’s best is subjective; a personal preference.

Please see the below pages with all the activitity details so you can see what appeals to you most:

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    27 June 2018 at 20:08:42 #889585

I totally agree with you but just wanted to confirm difference in train between Jungfrau/Titlis vs Glacier express

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2018 at 5:29:15 #889586

The Glacier Express is a panoramic train and the scenery is quite different than the train to Jungfraujoch (its 8 hours long). Titlis is a cable car so very different again. If you want a long scenic train trip through Switzerland I’d choose the Glacier Express – if you have time of course. Zurich and the RheinFall is a much shorter trip.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    28 June 2018 at 21:40:29 #889587

Thanks Lucas.

I know everything is so great in Swiss that you simply can’t miss.

But since i have 3 days in swiss and 2 of those days are blocked for Jungfrau and Titlis, wondering what should i do on 3rd day.

Shall i go for glacier express from zurich (8hr travel (normal train+glacier express)) OR should i do local sightseeing – rhine fall/zurich boat.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    29 June 2018 at 5:43:42 #889588

I’d pick the Glacier Express. 🙂

• The thread ‘Glacier Express better than Jungfrau and Titlis?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.