Glacier Express better than Jungfrau and Titlis?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ankit jain21
Ankit jain21
47 posts
Jun 27, 2018 - 6:17 PM

Hi Group,

I would be travelling to Jungfrau and Mount Titlis in July.

I have 1 more day in Swiss and planning where should i go.

Recently i got to know about Glacier express. Was wondering is Glacier train experience all together different from Jungfrau and Titlis ?

Since i would be covering Jungfrau and Titlis, should i still go for Glacier express or should i go for Rhine Fall and Zurich lake ?

Note : I have STP.

Last modified on Jun 27, 2018 - 6:40 PM by Ankit jain21
Arno
Arno
12282 posts
expert &
Jun 27, 2018 - 6:41 PM

Hi Ankit,

The activities you are considering are totally different. What's best is subjective; a personal preference.

Please see the below pages with all the activitity details so you can see what appeals to you most:

Last modified on Jun 27, 2018 - 6:49 PM by Arno
Ankit jain21
Ankit jain21
47 posts
Jun 27, 2018 - 8:08 PM

I totally agree with you but just wanted to confirm difference in train between Jungfrau/Titlis vs Glacier express

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 28, 2018 - 5:29 AM in reply to Ankit jain21

The Glacier Express is a panoramic train and the scenery is quite different than the train to Jungfraujoch (its 8 hours long). Titlis is a cable car so very different again. If you want a long scenic train trip through Switzerland I'd choose the Glacier Express - if you have time of course. Zurich and the RheinFall is a much shorter trip.

Ankit jain21
Ankit jain21
47 posts
Jun 28, 2018 - 9:40 PM

Thanks Lucas.

I know everything is so great in Swiss that you simply can't miss.

But since i have 3 days in swiss and 2 of those days are blocked for Jungfrau and Titlis, wondering what should i do on 3rd day.

Shall i go for glacier express from zurich (8hr travel (normal train+glacier express)) OR should i do local sightseeing - rhine fall/zurich boat.

Lucas
Lucas
10496 posts
top member
Jun 29, 2018 - 5:43 AM in reply to Ankit jain21

I'd pick the Glacier Express. :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019