Glacier Express better than Jungfrau and Titlis?

Glacier Express better than Jungfrau and Titlis?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Ankit jain21
Ankit jain21
47 posts
Jun 27, 2018 - 6:17 PM

Hi Group,

I would be travelling to Jungfrau and Mount Titlis in July.

I have 1 more day in Swiss and planning where should i go.

Recently i got to know about Glacier express. Was wondering is Glacier train experience all together different from Jungfrau and Titlis ?

Since i would be covering Jungfrau and Titlis, should i still go for Glacier express or should i go for Rhine Fall and Zurich lake ?

Note : I have STP.

Last modified on Jun 27, 2018 - 6:40 PM by Ankit jain21
Arno
Arno
10762 posts
expert &
Jun 27, 2018 - 6:41 PM

Hi Ankit,

The activities you are considering are totally different. What's best is subjective; a personal preference.

Please see the below pages with all the activitity details so you can see what appeals to you most:

Last modified on Jun 27, 2018 - 6:49 PM by Arno
Ankit jain21
Ankit jain21
47 posts
Jun 27, 2018 - 8:08 PM

I totally agree with you but just wanted to confirm difference in train between Jungfrau/Titlis vs Glacier express

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
Jun 28, 2018 - 5:29 AM in reply to Ankit jain21

The Glacier Express is a panoramic train and the scenery is quite different than the train to Jungfraujoch (its 8 hours long). Titlis is a cable car so very different again. If you want a long scenic train trip through Switzerland I'd choose the Glacier Express - if you have time of course. Zurich and the RheinFall is a much shorter trip.

Ankit jain21
Ankit jain21
47 posts
Jun 28, 2018 - 9:40 PM

Thanks Lucas.

I know everything is so great in Swiss that you simply can't miss.

But since i have 3 days in swiss and 2 of those days are blocked for Jungfrau and Titlis, wondering what should i do on 3rd day.

Shall i go for glacier express from zurich (8hr travel (normal train+glacier express)) OR should i do local sightseeing - rhine fall/zurich boat.

Lucas
Lucas
7238 posts
expert &
Jun 29, 2018 - 5:43 AM in reply to Ankit jain21

I'd pick the Glacier Express. :)

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018