Bernina Express station Tirano +Swiss Travel Pass

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2019 at 4:36:33 #821713

Good Morning

I am from Australia now in Florence

on Wednesday I will be travelling to Milan staying two nights then travelling to Tirano to catch the Bernina Express to Chur

when I go to book a fast train to Tirano I am asked which station

are there one than one station. If so which one do I need to catch the Bernina Express. from

after arriving I will be staying at Chur the night then wish to travel to Lurcern where we are booked in for the next night

i have an eight day rail pass.

For the trip to Lurcern do I have to book or just turn up

i have read I can get to Lurcern without going to Zurich

any help would be greatly appreciate

thank you

Gracie

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    19 May 2019 at 5:40:08 #912687

Hello Gracie

I guess you have seat reservations for the Bernina Express?

There is an Italian Station, where you will arrive from Milan, and a Swiss Station where you will join the BEX, at Tirano. They are side by side – less than 50 meters door to door I’d say.

I’m not sure there is a “fast” train to Tirano. Are you trying to buy tickets from Trenord?

You don’t need any bookings to get from Chur to Luzern.

The SBB Timetable will show you the most direct route. Or you can follow the Glacier Express route to Andermatt, change for Göschenen then on to Luzern. That way you combine a bit of the Glacier Express route with a bit of the Gotthard Panorama Express route. Reservations are not required on regular trains on those routes.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 May 2019 at 6:45:59 #912688

Rockoyster

Thank you so much for such a quick reply so very helpfull

thanks again

Gracie

• The thread ‘Bernina Express station Tirano +Swiss Travel Pass’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.