Bernina Express and Glacier Express in two days?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 September 2019 at 8:18:25 #823803

Hello, I would like to experience the Bernina and Glacier train routes in two days (Starting in CHUR). Is it doable? Too much time being on a train?

Please help me figure out this out as part of my trip in Europe / Switzerland this October.

• Planing to ride the trains between these two points:

Day 1 (Tuesday) – Driving from Germany, I will be dropping off my car rental in CHUR between 12:00 and 16:00.

Day 2 (Wednesday) – Must be in LAUTERBRUNNEN by 20:00 to checkin in to my Hotel.

• Plan A) Chur to Tirano – Spend the night – Tirano to Lauterbrunnen
    • Day 1 (Tuesday) – From Chur, Take the train to Tirano (Take the 14:xx Bernina or a local train if I arrive past that Time). Spend the night at Tirano.
    • Day 2 (Wednesday) – Take a morning train to St Moritz, then take the 10:20 Glacier Express train to Brig, then take other trains to Lauterbrunnen.
    • Plan B) Chur to St Moritz – Spend the night – St Moritz to Lauterbrunnen via GLACIER EXPRESS
    • Will I miss a lot of great scenery for skipping the St Moritz to Tirano segment?
    • Day 1 (Tuesday) – From Chur, take any train to St Moritz, spend the night there.
    • Day 2 (Wednesday) – Take the Glacier Express train to Brig, then take other trains to Lauterbrunnen.
    • Plan C) Stay in Chur – Spend the night – Chur to Lauterbrunnen via GLACIER EXPRESS
    • This skips the Bernina train route.
    • Day 1 (Tuesday) – Stay in Chur, spend the night.
    • Day 2 (Wednesday) – Take the GLACIER EXPRESS from Chur to Lauterbrunnen the next day
    • Questions:
    • Plan A) – Will this be considered too much train riding? I’m worried I’ll be too tired to enjoy the view.
    • Plan B) – Will I miss a lot of great scenery for skipping the St Moritz to Tirano segment?

Should I get the Swiss Travel Pass? Or a separate pass. Suggestions.

Thank you so much in advance! 🙂

• The thread ‘Bernina Express and Glacier Express in two days?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.