Bernina Bus

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 January 2013 at 1:36:42 #805749

Hi,
    I’m travelling on Bernina Express from St Moritz to Tirano 4th April. I’ve got a Eurail Select Pass with Switzerland and Italy as two of the 5 countries I will be visiting. I’ve purchased the Bernina Bus Reservation also to Lugano. My problem is i need to be in Verona that night and I would like to reserve train tickets from Lugano to Verona( via Milan) however it appears I will only have 5 minutes to board the train once I get to Lugano. I’m concerned that if the bus is late I may not make it. What would you suggest? Should I wait until I get there to reserve seats ? I can see that you can go Tirano to Verona on the Trenitalia website , however you cannot purchase reservations if you are coming into Italy.

I’d welcome any advise.

Jillanne

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7116 posts
    16 January 2013 at 14:10:23 #837917

Welcome to the forum Jillanne! The Bernina Express bus arrives at Lugano by 17.30pm ; the train to Milan leaves at 17.48pm (please check the Bernina timetable here and the regular Swiss timetable, including trains to Italy, here). That should be enough to catch your train and feel safe about reserving seats in advance. I wouldn’t recommend to wait until you’re in Lugano, as it will take some time to arrange for your reservations and as the train may be fully booked by then. You can arrange for your reservations through the Swiss timetable I mentioned or this seat reservation page.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    17 January 2013 at 6:17:46 #837918

Thank you thats very helpful:-)

• The thread ‘Bernina Bus’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.