Swiss holiday itinerary 2 weeks

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2017 at 12:18:59 #810793

Hi there, me and my partner is planning for a swiss tour this coming May. Our draft itinerary goes as follows:

Zurich 1night – St. Gallen 2 nights – Chur (bernina express) – lugano 2 nights – bellinzona 2nights – brig 2nights – kandersteg 2nights – LauterbrunnenGrindelwald 2nights – Lucerne 1 night then back to zurich.

1. What is the timetable of the buses from tirano to lugano if they are already in operation during may?

2. Will i benefit from swill travel pass or point to point tickets with the above mentioned itinerary?

3.it is mentioned here that the swiss travel pass covers the fare for the bernina express, does it covers also the seat reservation?

4. Please do give some tips suggestion to our draft itinerary. We are aiming for a simple and budget trip.

Thank you very much

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    12 February 2017 at 16:09:03 #858953

Hi Meloots and welcome to MySwissAlps,

1. Bus and train schedules can be found on the Swiss Railway timetable here.

2. Yes, I would think a Swiss Travel Pass or perhaps at least a Swiss Half-Fare Card would be of great benefit for you. Check those links for more details on validity and where/how to buy them. Also, you can see how to choose the best rail ticket here.

3. No, seat reservations are extra and required for the Bernina Express.

4. It appears to be well thought out itinerary. Did you pick these towns because there are things you want to see and do in them or nearby? It’s hard to say if it is a good itinerary for you specifically. What are your interests to see and do?

I linked some towns in your post above to their information pages (where available) if you would like to read more about what there is to do at each destination.

Lucas

• The thread ‘Swiss holiday itinerary 2 weeks’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.