Bernina express train and bus reservations

Bernina express train and bus reservations

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Shaah
Shaah
22 posts
Mar 20, 2017 - 6:38 PM

Hope you all keeping well.

do i need to pay twice for bernina trip reservations ? One seat reservation fee of 14 CHF from Chur to Tirano. And another 14 csf from Tirano to Lugano by bus?. Travelling in 17 th May and will buy STP.

Also will stay in Luzern , what should be ideal to catch bernina. From Chur or Lugano? I m planning from Lugano so can wake up a bit late.

Lucas
Lucas
3062 posts
expert &
Mar 21, 2017 - 8:06 AM

Hi Shaah,

Yes, you do need separate reservations - one for the train seat and one for the bus seat.

Do you mean Tirano or Chur to catch the Bernina Express? I assume you want to start at one of those end points?

Regards,
Lucas

ayu132280
ayu132280
2 posts
Mar 21, 2017 - 10:24 PM

Hi Lucas,

The seat reservation for the Bernina Express is a return ticket or single journey?

Lucas
Lucas
3062 posts
expert &
Mar 22, 2017 - 6:09 AM in reply to ayu132280

Hi Ayu132280 and welcome to MySwissAlps!

Reservations for any train would be for a single, one-way trip.

Lucas

Shaah
Shaah
22 posts
Mar 22, 2017 - 6:55 AM in reply to ayu132280

Thanks ayu133380

I was going to ask the same question today. And ofcourse many thanks to Lucas for helping us up.

Lucas do you know is the STP refundable? In case i cant make the journey to swiss.

Lucas
Lucas
3062 posts
expert &
Mar 22, 2017 - 8:25 AM in reply to Shaah

Hi Shaah,

I believe you can cancel but there is a fee for doing so. They don't run out of Swiss Travel Passes, so the best option is to wait until you are sure you are going before you buy it.

When bought online you will get the pass emailed to you within a couple business days and then you can print at home - so no rush!

Lucas

Shaah
Shaah
22 posts
Mar 22, 2017 - 11:43 AM in reply to Lucas

Thanks.

speak the truth i was planning to buy now cos if the Brexit triggers next week pound might go down so STP prices will go up due to scf currency exchange with gbp. I will buy quite a few STP for myself and friends going with me .

Arno
Arno
9569 posts
expert &
Mar 22, 2017 - 3:16 PM in reply to Shaah

Right now it's indeed cheaper to buy online and pay in GBP, see here. Difficult to say what will happen. If the exchange rate changes more than a bit, pass prices in GBP usually change along with it not much later.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017