Bernina Express route & Swiss Travel Pass

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
BinuMenon
BinuMenon
27 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 5:33 AM

Hello,

Pl excuse me for this silly question. We want to travel by Bernina Express,but the onward travel time from Chur wont suit us. So, i just want to make sure that whether the Bernina express covers the same path from Tirano to Chur. My question is that, is it the same whether we travel from Chur to Tirano and viceversa?

Also, does the travel from Zurich to Tirano comes under Swiss Travel Pass?

Thank you

rockoyster
rockoyster
3973 posts
expert
Jun 3, 2018 - 6:01 AM in reply to BinuMenon

The Bernina Express (www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress) travels the same route between Chur and Tirano in both directions.

The trip is covered by the Swiss Travel Pass. As is the trip from Zurich. If you want to know what is covered make sure you study and understand the map you can download from www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass/validity. For the Bernina Express you must make seat reservations and that cost is not covered by the STP.

If the single early morning departure from Chur does not suit your timing you can always follow the Bernina Express route using regular trains. In that case no reservations are needed. Use the SBB Timetable (www.myswissalps.com/ti metable) to plan your travel.

BinuMenon
BinuMenon
27 posts
Jun 3, 2018 - 6:15 AM in reply to rockoyster

Thank you very much Rockoyster

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018