Bernina Express Chur to Poschiavo

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2018 at 1:54:03 #818775

Hi, I plan to take the Bernina Express from Chur to Poschiavo (return trip) on 7 Dec 2018

I will take train from Zurich to Chur

0612 – 0743 Platform 8

Bernina Express from Chur to Poschiavo

0832 – 1201

Bernina Express from Poschiavo to Chur

1508 – 1820

Questions:

1) Is the train station from Zurich to Chur the same with the train station for Bernina Express?

2) I have a window of about 40mins, would it be enough to get myself to board the BE when I reach Chur HBF?

3) any recommendations of things to do at Poschiavo while waiting for my return train ride?

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    23 October 2018 at 2:25:09 #898253

Hello Junezie,

1. There is only one station at Chur.

2. You probably have time for breakfast. You only need to make your way from platform 9 to 10.

3. Sorry can’t help you there. Pity you aren’t continuing to Tirano – you’ll miss the circular viaduct at Brusio.

You have made reservations for the Bernina Express, yes? http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress/packages If not you can always go one way on the BEX and return on regular trains if the timing works better for you.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 October 2018 at 6:41:53 #898254

Hi Junezie,

If you haven’t seen it, check out our pages on the Poschiavo valley here http://www.myswissalps.com/po schiavovalley and the Graubünden region here: http://www.myswissalps.com/gr aubunden

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2018 at 5:45:31 #898255

Hi Junezie,

As Rockoyster pointed, one of the most interesting parts of the entire trip would be the Brusio “corkscrew” viaduct. I think I took over 200 photos together with continuously filming, while passing through/over/under it. Plus, the ice-cream in Tirano is something you don’t wanna miss, even in december…

And yes, the train switching in Switzerland is to die for! If one has only 10 minutes to change trains in the same railstation, no problem, they will manage to do it with time to spare…

Daniel

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2018 at 22:42:33 #898256

I am amidst booking the train tickets. Thank you for your reply.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 October 2018 at 22:43:39 #898257

Thabk you for the links! Would definitely read up on it..

• The thread ‘Bernina Express Chur to Poschiavo’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.