Private transfer to Como after Bernina Express

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 January 2019 at 5:21:54 #819463

We will be traveling on the Bernina Express from St. Moritz to Tirano. When we depart the train we expect to meet a private transfer driver to take us to our hotel in Como. Is there a map available to help us navigate from the train platform to where the transfer vehicle will be stopped? Do they all park and wait in the same location? Are there any other tips about the luggage movement?

thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 January 2019 at 8:05:38 #902025

Hello Oldie and Welcome to MySwissAlps

Just as a matter of interest how much does it cost to get a “private transfer driver” to take you from Tirano to Como?

Once you hit Tirano you are in Italy and outside MySwissAlps territory. The private transport company didn’t give you any instructions as to where to find them?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    13 January 2019 at 14:12:21 #902026

Hi Rockoyster

The cost for the transfer is approximately $425 based on the FX at the time of my booking – this includes the surcharge for CC payments. It would be less by about 10% for cash in EU at the time of travel. I booked when the EU was very low and my CC has no Fgn Trans fees.

We know the train from Tirano would be substantively less expensive. We have traveled on the Italo express trains and love them, however, the train from Tirano is not such. It is a “milk run” which we have have done in our previous travel from Milan to Como – We were much younger then and dealing with the luggage was less of an issue. Plus time wise this will give us more time on the lake.

The company advises the parking lot. We have experienced this before – like Pizalle Roma near Venice. Lots of places to be picked up. This is our first time toTirano so I am trying to narrow locating the real spot.

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    13 January 2019 at 21:28:11 #902027

Not sure when you are travelling but have you ever tried the Bernina Express Bus Tirano to Lugano and on to Como?

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 January 2019 at 0:06:37 #902028

Tirano is not a big place. Although the station parking is limited, the pick up will surely be waiting for you at the station?

• The thread ‘Private transfer to Como after Bernina Express’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.