Bernina Express from Locarno

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 January 2017 at 16:41:20 #810578

I am trying to figure out how best to take the Bernina Express from Ticino to Chur. I will be in Locarno and leaving from there and want to take trains only. I think I need to get to Bellinzona-and then take the Bernina Express, but can’t seem to navigate the rail schedule. Any advice is appreciated.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    16 January 2017 at 8:38:23 #858061

Hi smketer!

Thanks for posing this question on a new thread – much appreciated.

There are no convenient trains to get you from Locarno to Tirano (the start of the Bernina Express train to Chur).

The best option is to take a train to Lugano and then the scenic Bernina Express BUS along Lake Como to Tirano and then board the Bernina Express train on to Chur.

Take a look at our Bernina Express information page for these and other details.
    For timetables and maps that may be more useful click on the link under “More on other websites” tab on the right side of our Bernina Express page that I linked above.

Let us know if you have any further issues or questions.

All the best,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Bernina Express from Locarno’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.