Bernina Express and then getting to Neuchatel

• Nwenning1
    Participant
    23 posts
    17 September 2019 at 19:22:25 #823895

My husband and I will land in Zurich on Dec 14th early in the morning. We will spend the 14th and 15th with our son who lives in Zurich. We have been to Switzerland a couple of times but haven’t gotten to do the Bernina Express so while he is off working we should do the BE on Monday 16 December. I’m thinking it would be nice to stop and have lunch somewhere along the BE route and then spend the night maybe in Tirano. I would love a suggestion on where to get of the BE for lunch and to stretch our legs as well as a town/hotel/BnB to stay in on the 16th. We need to meet our son in Neuchatel by 12pm on 19 December which of course is Northwest of the BE route. I am open to any suggestions on what to do between the 16-19 even if it doesn’t include the BE.

Just so you know we have been to Bern, Luzern, Interlaken areas.

• The thread ‘Bernina Express and then getting to Neuchatel’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10940 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.