Bernina Express booking issue on website

Bernina Express booking issue on website

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Mukki
Mukki
4 posts
Jul 23, 2017 - 9:37 PM

Hi!

I have been trying to reserve seats on Bernina Express from Chur to Lugano on the Rhaetian Railway website. I can go upto step 3 to reserve the seat numbers, but nothing happens after that. The page does not refresh to the next step. Is there any other site I can use or am I missing something?? Please advise.

Thanks

Julie49
Julie49
22 posts
Jul 23, 2017 - 9:41 PM

Mukki, this is a guess because I ran into a similar issue ...

As I understand the reservation process you need to make separate reservations for BOTH the train (Chur-Tirano) and bus (Tirano-Lugano). So, try breaking up your reservation into two parts. The challenge then is getting space on the bus the same day ... Good luck, and my apologies if I've lead you down in the wrong direction.

Mukki
Mukki
4 posts
Jul 23, 2017 - 10:49 PM

Julie, thanks for your reply. Tried breaking the reservation, it still does not work :-(

Lucas
Lucas
7255 posts
expert &
Jul 24, 2017 - 6:04 AM in reply to Mukki

Hi Mukki and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It does seem like a website issue on their end at the moment. There is a contact form on their website; perhaps send them an email to let them know your issue and ask them about making the reservation for you on the date you are looking for.

Lucas

Mukki
Mukki
4 posts
Jul 24, 2017 - 2:34 PM in reply to Lucas

Good Morning Lucas and thanks for the welcome.

I followed your advise and wrote an email to Rhaetian Railway. In just a few minutes, I could see, that they started working on the problem and this morning got an email from them informing me that the problem has been fixed. Impressed by the promptness and customer service.

I have been able to book my seats now. Thanks so much.

Mukki

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018