Bernina Express booking issue on website

• Mukki
    Participant
    4 posts
    23 July 2017 at 21:37:29 #812714

Hi!

I have been trying to reserve seats on Bernina Express from Chur to Lugano on the Rhaetian Railway website. I can go upto step 3 to reserve the seat numbers, but nothing happens after that. The page does not refresh to the next step. Is there any other site I can use or am I missing something?? Please advise.

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    23 July 2017 at 21:41:23 #867278

Mukki, this is a guess because I ran into a similar issue …

As I understand the reservation process you need to make separate reservations for BOTH the train (Chur-Tirano) and bus (Tirano-Lugano). So, try breaking up your reservation into two parts. The challenge then is getting space on the bus the same day … Good luck, and my apologies if I’ve lead you down in the wrong direction.

Mukki
    Participant
    4 posts
    23 July 2017 at 22:49:37 #867279

Julie, thanks for your reply. Tried breaking the reservation, it still does not work 🙁

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    24 July 2017 at 6:04:35 #867280

Hi Mukki and welcome to MySwissAlps!

It does seem like a website issue on their end at the moment. There is a contact form on their website; perhaps send them an email to let them know your issue and ask them about making the reservation for you on the date you are looking for.

Lucas

Mukki
    Participant
    4 posts
    24 July 2017 at 14:34:08 #867281

Good Morning Lucas and thanks for the welcome.

I followed your advise and wrote an email to Rhaetian Railway. In just a few minutes, I could see, that they started working on the problem and this morning got an email from them informing me that the problem has been fixed. Impressed by the promptness and customer service.

I have been able to book my seats now. Thanks so much.

Mukki

• The thread ‘Bernina Express booking issue on website’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10950 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.