Bernina Express bus to Lugano nearly booked out

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Julie49
Julie49
22 posts
Jul 22, 2017 - 11:57 PM

There are very few spaces left on the Bernina Express bus between Tirano to Lugano for from 15-17 September. Does anyone know when or if a second coach will be added? I ask because from Rockoyster's trip report he noted a "second" coach when transferring in Tirano.

I ask because my companion doesn't always travel well on buses and being at the back (where the available seats are located) may not result in favorable travel comfort ... thanks.

Removed user
Removed user
0 posts
Jul 23, 2017 - 2:35 AM in reply to Julie49

Hi Julie,

There are currently seats in the front half of the bus on 16 Sep. On 17 Sep there are only 4 seats in the very back row.

If you particularly want to travel on 17 Sep, I would keep checking every day. It may well be that they do not start taking reservations for a second coach until the first one is completely full.

Alpenrose

Julie49
Julie49
22 posts
Jul 23, 2017 - 2:44 PM

Alpenrose666, thanks I'll keep watching closely and look at other options for travel days and transportation.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018