Bernina Express Chur - Tirano return?

Bernina Express Chur - Tirano return?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
dhania
dhania
1 post
Sep 17, 2017 - 3:18 PM

1) if I took bernina express from Chur to Tirano, is good to take return ticket? so it will 4h + 4h journey right? or is it possible to take ordinary train back to Chur? which train is that?

2) for bernina express online reservation, me and my husband will purchase swiss pass. so we will select swiss pass for us, how about kids? select swiss family pass is it ? I got 3y, 6y, 9y & 11y.

pls help

erika
erika
11 posts
Sep 17, 2017 - 4:39 PM in reply to dhania

We have taken in June the Bernina express from Chur to Tirano and the next day a regulary train from Tirano to Davos to Chur. It is a very impressive and beautiful journey, so we were glad that we have stay for a night in Tirano. With the regular train from Tirano to Davos, Landquart and Chur is even a very nice trip!!

Lucas
Lucas
7092 posts
expert &
Sep 17, 2017 - 5:05 PM in reply to dhania

Hi dhania and welcome to MySwissAlps!

1. Yes, you can take a regular train back to Chur which will be a little quicker. You can search for train schedules here.
  2. Yes, the children are covered by the Swiss Family Card (you have to get one but it is free if the adults have Swiss Travel Passes). Everyone who wants to have a seat on the Bernina Express must make a reservation - no reservations required on the regional trains.

Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018