Bernina Express day trip from Lucerne?

Bernina Express day trip from Lucerne?

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Agrawal
Agrawal
8 posts
Sep 17, 2017 - 6:22 AM

Pls guide me how i will do bernina express tour from Lucerne start early morning n return on same day .

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Sep 17, 2017 - 7:13 AM in reply to Agrawal

Following on from this thread www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/bernina-express-17 if you catch the 8:32 am Bernina Express from Chur to Tirano you can then go to Lugano either by Bernina Express bus or train via Monza.

From Lugano you can get a fast train back to Luzern.

The alternative is to go in an anti-clockwise direction. Luzern - Lugano - Tirano - Chur - Luzern.

Whichever way you go you are up for a long day of travel. You need to refer to the SBB timetable as mentioned in the earlier thread.

Agrawal
Agrawal
8 posts
Sep 17, 2017 - 9:02 AM

Thanks

rockoyster
rockoyster
3928 posts
expert
Sep 17, 2017 - 9:00 PM in reply to Agrawal

You can either go round in a circle as described in previous posts or go Luzern - Chur - Tirano. The circle route will take 12 - 13hrs. The following the BEX route there and back will take an hour or more longer.

You can find circle options on SBB timetable by entering from Luzern to Luzern via Chur and via Tirano. For the other route add via Chur as well to the end of the search parameters.

I still think it would make much more sense proceeding to Venice from Tirano rather than returning to Luzern.

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018