Bernina Express 1st class seat reservation

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2017 at 0:25:21 #811065

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask can i book 1st Class Seat with Swiss Travel Pass (2nd Class)?, since the 2nd class seats is fully booked on my selected date. Can i board the train without reservation?

Regards

Ping Hui

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2017 at 9:10:27 #860054

Hi Ping Hui,

Yes, you can upgrade at the station to 1st class (it’s the most economical way). You must make reservations on this train though and I would do that as soon as possible.

Regards,
    Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    14 March 2017 at 23:56:46 #860055

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your info and confirmation. We have reserved the seat 71 and 72 departing from Tirano to Chur. I’m not sure that are we booked the correct side with best scenery view?

Thanks Regards

Ping Hui

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    15 March 2017 at 9:05:31 #860056

Hi Ping Hui,

Both sides offer exceptional views, though some people say that the left side of the train has slightly better views when traveling in your direction. Read more about the route here.

You will have no problem moving to that side if need be, like for the Landwasser viadukt, if you aren’t seated on that side.

Regards,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Bernina Express 1st class seat reservation’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.