Bernina Express 1st class seat reservation

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
ph1988
ph1988
8 posts
Mar 14, 2017 - 12:25 AM

Hi Guys,

I would like to ask can i book 1st Class Seat with Swiss Travel Pass (2nd Class)?, since the 2nd class seats is fully booked on my selected date. Can i board the train without reservation?

Regards

Ping Hui

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Mar 14, 2017 - 9:10 AM in reply to ph1988

Hi Ping Hui,

Yes, you can upgrade at the station to 1st class (it's the most economical way). You must make reservations on this train though and I would do that as soon as possible.

Regards,
Lucas

ph1988
ph1988
8 posts
Mar 14, 2017 - 11:56 PM in reply to Lucas

Hi Lucas,

Thanks for your info and confirmation. We have reserved the seat 71 and 72 departing from Tirano to Chur. I'm not sure that are we booked the correct side with best scenery view?

Thanks Regards

Ping Hui

Lucas
Lucas
9622 posts
expert &
Mar 15, 2017 - 9:05 AM in reply to ph1988

Hi Ping Hui,

Both sides offer exceptional views, though some people say that the left side of the train has slightly better views when traveling in your direction. Read more about the route here.

You will have no problem moving to that side if need be, like for the Landwasser viadukt, if you aren't seated on that side.

Regards,
Lucas

Last modified on Mar 15, 2017 - 9:06 AM by Lucas

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018