Where to book Bernina Express seat Chur to Lugano?

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2019 at 15:04:33 #820482

Hi,

We are planning to take Bernina express from Chur to Lugano (Both train and bus) in early May.Is it better to reserve the seats in advance or reserve in the station?Will the seats be easily get filled during May?

If we need to book in advance, which website is the best to book? When I checked Happyrail website, it directly asks for the payment and I am not sure if I can select seats or it will be assigned after the payment. When I checked the website shop. rhb .ch/en/catalog /product/view/id/18. it directly giving the full fare details(ticket fare + seat reservation fare).

How to book seats in Bernina Express Bus from Tirano to Lugano?

Thanks alot.

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15484 posts
    19 March 2019 at 18:14:02 #906945

Hi Joan986,

I would not wait with the booking until you’ve reached Chur station. Trains like this can book out. Once your travel date is fixed, you can book seats online. Links can be found here: http://www.myswissalps.com/be rninaexpress/tickets. If you prefer to select your seats you can use the link under “More information”. It shows the full fare but later you can select which rail pass you will have while traveling. The train and bus section need to be booked separately.

Enjoy the rides!

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 March 2019 at 5:29:27 #906946

Thanks Arno for the guidance. Fortunately we could reserve the seats as it was almost getting full.

• The thread ‘Where to book Bernina Express seat Chur to Lugano?’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11050 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.