Bernina Express Seat Reservations

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2019 at 23:33:05 #822179

Hi,

My wife and I have already Swiss Travel Pass Flex (1st Class) , and will travel from St. Moritz to Tirano in this September. I found that you have two types of the train; BEX (Bernina Express) and local train in the website. Please let us know the following two:

1. Do we need to reserve the seats for BEX?

2. Do we need to reserve the seats for Local Train?

I’m looking forward to hearing soon.

Kind regards,

Akira h52

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 June 2019 at 23:48:20 #914775

It is important to understand the difference between the ‘Bernina Express' and the ‘Bernina Railway’. The Bernina Railway is the (originally independent) railway line from St Moritz to Tirano – it became part of the RhB in 1943. It has regular ‘normal’ train services, some of which have the panoramic Bernina Express carriages.

http://www.fahrplanfelder.ch/ fileadmin/fap_pdf_fiel ds/2019/950.pdf

If you are just travelling the Bernina Railway from St Moritz to Tirano you can board any train. There is no need at all to reserve, especially if you get there in good time and board before other people arrive!

All trains on the Bernina Railway (and most trains in all of Switzerland) have large windows, so it is not really necessary to specifically book the ‘Express’ carriages

rockoyster
    Participant
    8889 posts
    11 June 2019 at 3:08:13 #914776

Hello Akira

1. Yes. You can do that at shop.rhb.ch/en/catalog /product/view/id/18.

2. No, as 1960man explains.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    11 June 2019 at 7:48:59 #914777

Dear 1960man and Rockoyster,

Thank you so much for your quick reply with timetable of the railway.

Kind regards,

Akira h52

• The thread ‘Bernina Express Seat Reservations’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.