Bernina Express Seats

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    19 March 2011 at 3:53:10 #804167

Hi,
    In one of the thread, I read right side of the Bernina express will be good. I will be travelling from Chur to Tirano. So in this case, the first class has the seat composition of 1+2 (single seat on one side and two seats on other side). So which seat I have to choose for right hand seated. TRAVEL IS FROM CHUR TO TIRANO.
    Are there any link (or Video) to view the first class and second class coaches (inside view) of Bernina express.

Please help me to decide and book the seats.

Regards
    Saravanan

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7121 posts
    20 March 2011 at 15:22:34 #832334

Hi Saravanan. The right side (heading south to Tirano) is indeed the best. However, it doesn’t seem like you can specify this specific wish when arranging for your seat reservation. The ‘map’ of train coaches displayed when reserving your seats (through the link ‘Bernina Express’ under the header ‘Other ways to arrange for seat reservation’s on our seat reservation page) doesn’t indicate in which direction the coaches will be travelling. And even if this was indicated, the coach could be attached to the train in reverse order. If this is important to you, you may try to contact the Rhaetian Railways by e-mail or phone and be specific about your preferences. I’m not sure if they can arrange seats at the right side of the train, but you could give it a try. Their phone number and e-mail address are mentioned at the seat reservation form. Good luck!

• The thread ‘Bernina Express Seats’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11020 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.