About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Bernina Express tickets with Swiss Half Fare Card
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Bernina Express tickets with Swiss Half Fare Card

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Explorer21
Explorer21
13 posts
Jul 5, 2022 - 12:28 AM

I purchased round trip 1st class reserved seats in April to make sure I have seats but weren't able to purchase train tickets until 2 months in advance. The time has come but I don't know how to purchase just the train tickets without needing to put in seat reservations. I have the Swiss Half Fare Card which I don't know if I can use that for this trip. Thank you for any help.

Arno
Arno
15672 posts
expert &
Jul 5, 2022 - 8:52 AM in reply to Explorer21

Hi Explorer21!

With your Swiss Half Fare Card (www.myswissalps.com/swisshalffarecard) you can either get 50% discounted return tickets for the Bernina Express, or a 50% discounted Saver Day Pass (see https://www.myswissalps.com/berninaexpress/tickets).

The Saver Day Pass can be a lot cheaper than normal tickets: its lowest possible prices is CHF 29 with a Swiss Half Fare Card, whereas normal discounted return tickets Chur-Tirano would cost CHF 63. Saver Day Pass prices fluctuate, so you can check which price is available for your travel date and see if it's lower than CHF 63. Please see:

If you need normal tickets, you can get them through www.myswissalps.com/traintickets/switzerlandhalffare/price. For each reseller, you'll find a short explanation on how to indicate you'll have Swiss Half Fare Card.

Does this answer your question?

Last modified on Jul 5, 2022 - 8:54 AM by Arno

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022