Bernina Express timetable clarification

Bernina Express timetable clarification

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Jansergeant
Jansergeant
12 posts
Apr 20, 2017 - 9:03 AM

We are planning to take the BERNINA Express from Tirano to Chur, in early Sept.

my 2 questions are

1. Leaving from Tirano, is the trip covered on the Eurrail select pass ( Switzerland, Italy Austria) most info seems to be about the opposite direction, leaving from Switzerland not Italy.

2. We want to be on the Panorama train but I am not sure what time it leaves I have read that it is at 14.03 (train no. 974) but when I have checked the timetable it doesn't seem to go the whole way through to Chur, but it shows the train at 14.26 ( train no 950) going the whole way through. Which one do I take?

I took this train several years ago & I was positive it was the 14.03 but it was only a few weeks later in the year, so am I reading the timetable wrong?

Thanks

Jan

Lucas
Lucas
8820 posts
expert &
Apr 20, 2017 - 12:11 PM in reply to Jansergeant

Hi Jan,

1. Yes, the Eurail Select Pass covers the whole trip (direction doesn't matter). You just have to buy a seat reservation.
  2. Departure times can vary throughout the season. I checked the timetable for September 5 for example, and there is a Bernina Express panoramic train (BEX, #950) leaving Tirano at 14:26 and arriving in Chur at 18:20. As long as the train is direct and labeled BEX on the timetable you are on the panoramic train the entire trip.

Lucas

Jansergeant
Jansergeant
12 posts
Apr 23, 2017 - 7:00 AM

Thank you for your reply

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018