Bernina Express from Chur-Return to Chur same day

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    25 January 2017 at 2:09:51 #810657

Hi,

I would like to take the Bernina Express from Chur in May this year. I am planning to be stationed near Interlaken in Faulensee (Spiez station) . I plan to take the train from Spiez at 5:20 am that reaches Chur at 8:43 am. I see the scenic train for Bernina leaves at 8:32 am, but the RE, R leaves at 8:58 am. I can either travel to Chur the night before and take 8:32 am scenic train, I can manage that. My question is about my return from Tirano. The train reaches Tirano at 1pm; are there local trains that can bring us back to Chur the same day? how long do they take?

Thanks

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Arno
    15483 posts
    25 January 2017 at 11:17:17 #858410

Hi Shuk75,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! Yes, there are plenty of trains back to Chur. You’ll find them in the Swiss timetable. If you don’t want to backtrack the entire route you can optionally travel back via Pontresina – Sagliains – Landquart.

• The thread ‘Bernina Express from Chur-Return to Chur same day’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10980 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.