Best app for Swiss maps and walking tour

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
Cathyburke15
Cathyburke15
21 posts
Jan 10, 2019 - 2:04 PM

Hi ! I will be visiting Switzerland this month for 8 days and my itinerary is Zurich - St. Moritz - Zermatt -Bern - Lucerne - Zurich. I wanted to do a city walking tour in Bern but when I arrive /leave doesn’t work . We will be there on Sunday /Monday and tourist office offers them on Saturday . Can you recommend, in your opinion the best app that will have walls and info that I can follow ? Thank you so much

Arno
Arno
11835 posts
expert &
Jan 10, 2019 - 2:35 PM

Hi Cathyburke15,

I don't know of an app for Bern specifically. In general, for walks in Switzerland, you can find suggestions here: www.myswissalps.com/hi king. Each route has a map that you can expand to full screen. It works fine on phones too. Apart from that I use the SwitzerlandMobility app myself, as you can create your own routes in it on a PC and then display them in their app. I think they have suggested routes too but I didn't look at those yet.

This audio tour in Bern is available on all days, by the way: https://www.getyourgui de.com/bern-l52/bern-tour-with-ipod-audio-guide-t42753/.

Last modified on Jan 10, 2019 - 2:41 PM by Arno
1960man
1960man
949 posts
top member

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019