Best deals whiskey scotch and wine in Switzerland

Best deals whiskey scotch and wine in Switzerland

Share this page on Facebook Share this page on Google+ Share this page on Twitter Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
iepkamin
iepkamin
4 posts
Aug 21, 2017 - 8:51 PM

Hi, We are flying to Zurich and hope to purchase a nice bottle of scotch and a bottle of wine. The question is are there particular stores in Zurich that offer good prices or would the duty free shop at the airport be better. Thank you as always.... iepkamin

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Aug 22, 2017 - 6:01 AM in reply to iepkamin

Hi iepkamin,

The Zurich airport duty-free is a good option. I've also found liquor prices in local stores to be quite similar though. I would buy it at whichever place is more convenient for you.

Coop grocery stores usually have a decent selection (my favourite is there anyway!).

A couple of options for wider selections in Zurich:

• Whiskey Shop Zurich (in the old town near Neumarkt) - Europe's oldest apparently
  • Paul Ullrich AG for all liquor (near Paradeplatz)

Cheers!
Lucas

Last modified on Aug 22, 2017 - 6:01 AM by Lucas
rockoyster
rockoyster
1048 posts
top member
Aug 22, 2017 - 6:07 AM in reply to iepkamin

Hi iepkamin,

Speaking from experience I found the COOP supermarket, and especially the food hall downstairs in Manor department stores to have a pretty good range of wines at reasonable prices. I'm sure Migros would have a similar range to COOP. I can't comment on the whiskey question but from what I saw of the prices of spirits in the shops mentioned above they didn't seem expensive by my (Australian) standards. Beer is as cheap as.

Lucas
Lucas
3460 posts
expert &
Aug 22, 2017 - 6:47 AM in reply to rockoyster

Actually Migros doesn't sell liquor. So don't worry about looking there unless you want non-alcoholic beer!

Lucas

rockoyster
rockoyster
1048 posts
top member
Aug 22, 2017 - 7:07 AM in reply to Lucas

Aaaaah. Now I remember why I never shopped in Migros. 😆

Alpenrose666
Alpenrose666
1231 posts
top member
Aug 22, 2017 - 10:10 AM in reply to iepkamin

Hi iepkamin,

Are you planning on taking them home with you on the plane? Make sure you comply with security requirements for liquids, both for your airport of departure and any airports you are transiting on the way home, so that they don't get confiscated!

Alpenrose

iepkamin
iepkamin
4 posts
Aug 22, 2017 - 12:12 PM

We don't plan to take them back with us on the plane. Thanks all.. I

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2017