Going to Jungfrau with wheelchair & hotel options

Going to Jungfrau with wheelchair & hotel options

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
TT1964
TT1964
2 posts
May 22, 2018 - 7:29 PM

Hi all, I'm traveling with my 2 kids ages 12 and 10, the 10-year-old is in a wheelchair and maneuvers great! We'll be coming in from Paris, and I'm looking for the best location of a hotel as I want to take them to Mt. Jungfrau. I have not decided whether to take a train our entire trip or rent a car, but I'm leaning towards the train. I have bathroom issues to be concerned about how/where I can catheterize my daughter but we've managed to do so on bathroom floors and such, so I'm sure I can figure that out, I'm just concerned that I want a room that's large enough so she can get around in the room (but it doesn't have to have a wheelchair accessible bathroom as she's still young/small in chair than an adult). I don't know if I should stay in Interlaken, Wengen, Grindelwald... I'd love to know if someone knows these regions particularly well for this sort of instance? I heard the train access is wonderful for disabled travelers so we're excited to visit. Any and all help/suggestions are much appreciated. Tracey

Lucas
Lucas
6369 posts
expert &
May 23, 2018 - 2:19 PM in reply to TT1964

Hi Tracey and welcome to MySwissalps!

For hotel options, Interlaken may be best (biggest selection of hotels for you to check out). Lauterbrunnen is a bit more scenic but a bit smaller but could work. Check out the hotel sections here for some ideas:

Best to call direct to get specific information on room size and amenities. The list above will show you how close to the rail station the hotel is though.

Train access is quite good in Switzerland, but some mountain cogwheel trains and cable cars could be problematic. Sometimes making a couple steps up might be required.

Try the following links for Swiss railways:

Also, there are a fair amount on previous posts on this subject so be sure to use our search box (top tight) to find out what other members have said previously.

Let us know if you have more questions / can't find answers.

TT1964
TT1964
2 posts
May 23, 2018 - 5:21 PM in reply to Lucas

Thanks Lucas, I appreciate your quick reply and information. Tracey

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018