Best itinerary for 1 week Switzerland in one town

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    3 June 2017 at 19:03:44 #812109

Hi

I am Planning to Swiss with my family myself 43 ,my wife 42 , my son 13 and my Daughter 9 we will arrive Zurich on 24.06.2017 time 20:20 and leave from Zurich 30.06.2017 time 20:50 my first Question if i want to stay at One city and One hotel during my whole trip which city will be right because i do not to change hotels every time

Second how i can create itinerary so i can utilised my time to see maximum most popular places if any body can suggest it will be great

Thanks

Shreeram

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    3 June 2017 at 23:47:15 #864426

Hi Sheeram –

Welcome to My Swiss Alps.

Thanks for the detailed information.

It is difficult for us to help out on this unless we know a bit more about your interests.

Can you say a bit more about what you want to do? Scenic trains? Museums? Hiking? Old cities?

If you pick one city, consider Lucerne.

For yor trip, you migh consider one changeof hotels, which could increase your flexibility.

Slowpoke

Slowpoke
    Participant
    7567 posts
    4 June 2017 at 12:29:32 #864427

Hi Shreeram –

I was rushing when I wrote my last reply. Here is a bit more.

The links for specific cities under this main link will be helpful:

http://www.myswissalps.com/wh eretogo

http://www.myswissalps.com/lu cerne

and, to help understand travel times and routes, these links will help:

map.search.ch/?pos=691200,220928&z=4

In that map, under”Points of Interest” click on “Traffic” to see transport stops/stations.

Zoom in far enough, and you can see the rail lines.

And,

http://www.myswissalps.com/tr avel/inswitzerland

http://www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Slowpoke

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 15:18:39 #864428

I want scenic train , old cities and evening time street walk, eating food and chocolate and cheese factory visit. We are the vegetarian so how we can manage vegetarian food . What type of Cloths we need to carry . if we want to hire a English speaking Guide through out the tour how much will cost ?.We are four people and want One room in Hotel is it possible in reasonable rate. what time everyday we need to start our Tour so we can reach at visiting place .
    if any body can reply my Questions please help me

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    4 June 2017 at 16:20:37 #864429

Hi Shreeram,

We don’t build itineraries here – if you need help with making an itinerary try our link here.

You can see the scenic train options for Switzerland here. Although I thnk all trains are scenic, those listed on the web page are panoramic trains that offer a unique experience!

All Swiss cities are old 🙂 Have a look at our Swiss town page to read through the most popular options.
    As Slowpoke mentioned, Lucerne is one of the most popular towns to stay in Switzerland for its wide array of nearby activities.

You would like the Chocolate train (which you can read about and book here) that will take you on a tour to the cheese and chocolate factories near Gruyeres from Montreux.

I’m not sure about the costs of hiring an English tour guide for your trip. Perhaps contact Tourism Switzerland (http://www.myswitzerla nd.com/en-ch/home.html) is your best option as they may have recommended tour guides to contact.

Yes, you can find hotels in each town for the 4 of you in one room. We list our recommended hotels for all budgets in each of our city pages (found on the Swiss Town page here).

I don’t know about times for tour starts – it depends on the tour and where you are going to and from.

Lucas

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 1:34:20 #864430

>> if i want to stay at One city and One hotel during my whole trip which city will be right because i do not to change hotels every time … I want scenic train … and chocolate and cheese factory visit.

If you are only going to stay in one place, I agree that Luzern is a good choice. However, it is not well located for a visit to the chocolate and cheese factories in Broc and Gruyères. Travel time by the fastest route from Luzern to Broc is 2 hours 24 minutes, then 22 minutes to the cheese factory at Gruyères, then around 3 hours back to Luzern. So that’s around 6 hours travel time on top of whatever time you spend in the factories.

Alpenrose

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 4:43:04 #864431

Dear in this reply you tell me One change of Hitel so which place or city you will suggest if One change make me more comfortable I can do it so please let me know that change

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    5 June 2017 at 9:37:37 #864432

I think if Luzern and Montreux are the two towns you should consider staying at during your trip (if you are ok with the hotel change in the end). Montreux is close to the cheese and chocolate factories at Gruyeres and Broc.

Cheers,
    Lucas

• The thread ‘Best itinerary for 1 week Switzerland in one town’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.