Best pass for 3 days trip in mid Dec'2019

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
sueyc
sueyc
4 posts
Oct 8, 2019 - 8:57 AM

Hi everyone,

I'm new here and planning for our first and short trip (3 nights) in mid of December 2019 with my family.

Arriving via Zurich airport on 9th December and booked our accommodation at Zurich downtown. From airport to Zurich Hb - If we don't have a travelcard, Is Supersaver or Saver Day Pass the only option for cheaper fare?

Day 2 & Day 3 - Zurich Hb to Luzern. We have booked and paid for 2 nights stay in Wengen. Is Tell-Pass Winter recommended here ?? Is a short scenic/panorama train doable here?

Day 4 - Wengen to Munich

Would really appreciate any suggestions & recommendations.

Thank you very much.

Sue

Steph
Steph
1979 posts
top member &
Oct 8, 2019 - 10:38 AM in reply to sueyc

Hello Sueyc and Welcome to MySwissAlps,

Nice to hear you're coming for a few days to Switzerland!

No, from Zurich Airport to Zurich main station (Zurich HB) a normal point-to-point ticket will be the best, cheapest option:
- www.myswissalps.com/ai rports/zurich
- www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/switzerland

From Lucerne you will need to continue towards the Bernese Oberland to get to Wengen, so I don't think the Tell Pass (https://www.myswissalp s.com/tellpass) makes much sense, as it's mainly for the Lucerne area.

I think looking into the Swiss Travel Pass for 3 days might be an option but it strongly depends on your detailed itinerary. Make sure you read:
- www.myswissalps.com/tr ain/ticketspasses/prac tical/chooserailpass
- www.myswissalps.com/sw isstravelpass

The best way to find standard prices for normal tickets (for the spreadsheet) is to use the timetable below and double the price per journey that you get there, as it's by default a half-fare price.
- www.myswissalps.com/ti metable

Also see:
- www.myswissalps.com/tr aintickets/germany

Happy calculating and get back to us anytime for further input.

Best,
Steph

Last modified on Oct 10, 2019 - 8:11 AM by Annika
sueyc
sueyc
4 posts
Oct 8, 2019 - 3:26 PM

Hi Steph

Thank you for your reply. Will read through the links & hopefully I can work out something.

Best.Regards

Sue

sueyc
sueyc
4 posts
Oct 8, 2019 - 3:51 PM

Hi Steph,

I know my questions are kind of silly but I really need some help as I'm confused now. I just need to figure out between Swiss Saver Day Pass vs. Half Travel Card as we wouldn't be travelling much.

(1) " ZVV Single ticket 3 Zones via direct valid 1 hour" at CHF3.40 {(with HFT) (without HFT x 2)} is this valid for the ride from airport to Zurich HB? Is this the point-to-point ticket?

(2) Can we travel from Zurich Hb to Lucern main station for a stopover at Lucern and thereafter take another train from Lucern to Wengen using the "Swiss Saver Day Pass" ?

Thank you.

Sue

Last modified on Oct 8, 2019 - 4:37 PM by sueyc
Ildiko
Ildiko
392 posts
top member &
Oct 9, 2019 - 4:40 AM in reply to sueyc

Hi Sue,

1) yes. You need Zones 121 and 110 (which count as 3 zones) from the Zurich airport to get to Zurich central. You can take the tram to the train. There was a similar post regarding this at www.myswissalps.com/fo rum/topic/train-from-zurich-airport-to-zurich-central-statio, it might help too.

2) Yes, you can use your Saver Day Pass for the selected day and you can have as many stopovers as you wish. Learn more about how to use the Saver Day Pass at www.myswissalps.com/sa verdaypass/howtouse.

I hope this helps.

See also:

Last modified on Oct 9, 2019 - 4:42 AM by Ildiko
sueyc
sueyc
4 posts
Oct 9, 2019 - 2:46 PM

Hi IIdiko

Thank you very much:)

Regards

Sue

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019