Best pass for Luzerne to Lausanne/Geneva.

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    8 March 2015 at 0:25:43 #806955

What would be a best pass for us? My husband and I traveling with 2 kids (ages 8&10). Should we buy the pass online and have it delivered or should we buy it upon entering the first Swiss train station? We are thinking of getting a Swiss traivel pass and Swiss family pass. Here’s our plan so far.

• Day 1 Crossing into Swiss from Kosztan to Zurich and go directly to Luzerne.
    • Day 2 Visit Mt Pilatus or Mt Rigi then back to Luzerne
    • Day 3 Taking Golden pass train to Brienz visit Ballenberg Meuseum then take a boat to Interlaken. Would there be a locker or would you suggest using fast baggage? What’s is the price for locker?
    • Day 4 continue on Golden pass route to Lausanne or Geneva to catch TGV-Lyria to Paris. ( Would we have enought time to stop by Cailler Chocoloate Factory?)
  • Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Annika
    7104 posts
    8 March 2015 at 10:39:46 #841936

Hi Bulan,

Welcome to MySwissAlps! A Swiss Travel Pass is a good choice in your case. The trip to Mount Rigi would be free, as well as the museums you intend to visit. The children travel along for free. All details can be found here.

You can buy the pass once you arrive in Switzerland, but that takes you time and the price is lower online as you can see here (check the Discounts section too!). So unless you’re not sure about which pass you want, it makes sense to buy online. Currently the best price is € 204 for a 4-day pass.

There are lockers and a left luggage office at the rail station of Brienz. I think there are lockers in the Ballenberg Museum as well. I don’t know about exact prices but it will be a few francs. And there is a luggage service to transport your bags for you.

Whether the museum fits your schedule on the last day depends on what time you depart and what time you need to be in Geneva. All train schedules can be found in the timetable.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    9 March 2015 at 2:34:20 #841937

Thank you Annika for your advice. I think we are going to order it online. How much more do we need to pay to go up Mt Pilatus? Also, Are there lockers at the chocolate factory or the train station? Lastly, how many hours would be sufficient to stop by at the chocolate factory? Thank you!

Arno
    15471 posts
    9 March 2015 at 7:11:17 #841938

Hi Bulan,

Please note that Mount Pilatus is closed until April 1, and the cogwheel train will only start operating from early/mid-May, depending on the weather. The cable car should open from April 1. The ticket price for Swiss Travel Pass owners for a round trip is CHF 36. Without the pass it’s double that amount. Further details are on the Pilatus page.

The chocolate factory guided tours take up to 1.5 hours. I don’t know about lockers. Please see their website for details.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    10 March 2015 at 4:52:50 #841939

Thank you Arno for your advice

• The thread ‘Best pass for Luzerne to Lausanne/Geneva.’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 10730 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.