Best rail pass: Switzerland, Paris, Amsterdam

Best rail pass: Switzerland, Paris, Amsterdam

Print this page
Create an account to receive an e-mail when someone replies to this thread
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
amartahilani
amartahilani
1 post
Jun 30, 2018 - 5:02 PM

Hi,

We are a family of 4 (including 2 kids, under 8 years) who have booked air tickets and hotels for stay in Paris, Switzerland (Bern, Interlaken and Zurich as stay) and Amsterdam. Our current arrangement is as below:

Arrive to Paris (stay for 4 days) - No domestic travel in Paris arranged

Paris to Bern - No travel arranged (intend to use TGV to Basel and then a connecting train to Bern)

Switzerland (9 days) - No Eurail / Swiss Pass bought. Intend to travel from Bern to surrounding places, then change our base to Interlaken for a couple of days and then finally at Zurich

Zurich to Amsterdam - Flight booked

Amsterdam - No domestic travel in Amsterdam arranged

I am not entirely sure what would work best for me i.e. Eurail Pass + Swiss Half Fare Pass etc. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Amar

Lucas
Lucas
7145 posts
expert &
Jul 1, 2018 - 7:53 AM in reply to amartahilani

Hi Amar and welcome to MySwissAlps!

If your only travel in France is the trip to Switzerland (and you aren't traveling around The Netherlands) then I would only look at a rail pass for Switzerland.

A Swiss Travel Pass is probably what you want: https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass.

However, to the know the rail pass for your itinerary, you'll need to plan out each day's trips first, and then you can compare costs of tickets vs. a rail pass or two. Have a look here for more details: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

More about Swiss trains and rail passes

More on MySwissAlps.com

Swiss tips in your mailbox

Sign up to receive our newsletter and the latest forum messages. The best way to prepare for your trip!

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2018