Best passes/tickets for Switzerland and to Paris

• Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    20 June 2018 at 20:11:34 #816787

My husband and I will be traveling one-way from Zurich to Montreux, then Montreux to Paris. We will be in Switzerland from July 9th through July 15th then onto Paris. Would it be more cost effective to buy tickets separately for each one-way leg or buy a pass? If the latter, which pass would be best? I’ve heard that if we are in Switzerland for 3+ days there is a discounted rate.

Any and all advice is most welcome and appreciated. Thank you!

• Effortlessly learn from the questions and answers in the forum. Receive a daily e-mail with new discussions.

Removed user
    Participant
    72625 posts
    21 June 2018 at 10:46:17 #888933

Hi Cym and welcome to MySwissAlps!

There are 3 day+ rail passes, but no discounts for being in Switzerland itself for 3+ days.

As you’ll be in the country for 7 days, the 8 day Swiss Travel Pass makes a lot of sense. Read about it here:

https://www.myswissalp s.com/swisstravelpass and it would be a lot simpler (and almost certainly cheaper) than point to point tickets.

To decide on which pass to buy though, you need to know which trips you’ll be making each day in Switzerland so you can compare prices and discounts. Have a read here: https://www.myswissalp s.com/train/ticketspas ses/practical/choosera ilpass

• The thread ‘Best passes/tickets for Switzerland and to Paris’ is closed to new replies.

About MySwissAlps

We’re passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about how to plan a trip to Switzerland. MySwissAlps was founded in 2002.

Get a free account for a worry-free trip

• Join our 11030 members and ask us questions in the forum
  • Access to member-only promotions
  • Detailed maps and weather forecasts

Planning your first Switzerland adventure?

Get a jump-start with Annika’s 20-minute e-mail course, “Switzerland for beginners”. Subscribe to our newsletter to unlock the course.