Best pay as you go 3g?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
0321recon
0321recon
13 posts
Oct 19, 2011 - 11:18 PM
Can you now buy a swisscom pay as you go 3g SIM? I have an 02 SIM we used in Ireland that roamed to Orange in France and I did use it in Switzerland on the Haute Route, but I won't go to that expense again. Can you buy a PaGo SIM in Switzerland as easy as you can an 02 in Ireland?
Annika
Annika
5003 posts
expert &
Oct 24, 2011 - 12:57 PM
Hi Bob C, and welcome to the forum! I don't have experience with the specific type of SIM you're asking for, but the following forum topics may help you out:

- SIM card
- update on cell phones

The Swisscom website will probably provide relevant information too.

I hope you'll find what you're looking for! Best regards,
KaraBoo
KaraBoo
13 posts
Oct 26, 2011 - 11:52 AM
Last month I bought a 3g SIM for my iPad at the Zurich airport SwissCom store; they installed it, activated it and the whole process took about 8 minutes. It worked everywhere except in one deep valley Ticino. Even worked on moving trains. I got a month's worth of usage with 2 gigs of data for around US$50, if I recall correctly. I did have to show my passport to buy it, by the way. Easy as pie!
0321recon
0321recon
13 posts
Oct 26, 2011 - 12:46 PM
That is great to hear. Just what I need!

KaraBoo said: Last month I bought a 3g SIM for my iPad at the Zurich airport SwissCom store; they installed it, activated it and the whole process took about 8 minutes. It worked everywhere except in one deep valley Ticino. Even worked on moving trains. I got a month's worth of usage with 2 gigs of data for around US$50, if I recall correctly. I did have to show my passport to buy it, by the way. Easy as pie!

More on MySwissAlps.com

Get a free account to plan your trip

Planning your trip is much easier with a free MySwissAlps account. Learn all about Switzerland and get in touch with us quickly if you have questions.

Learn more

Get a customized itinerary for your trip

Let Swiss travel consultants create a customized itinerary. They will book your entire trip.

More
© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2019