About us | Contact | n%2Fa | n%2Fa
Home Get in touch Forum Best place to exchange USD into Swiss Francs?
MySwissAlps features ads, commercial and non-commercial links.

Best place to exchange USD into Swiss Francs?

Print this page
This thread is closed. You are welcome to log in and submit a new thread.
Njk50
Njk50
69 posts
Mar 30, 2022 - 3:16 PM

Where is the best place to exchange USD into Swiss Francs? thanks

Arno
Arno
15661 posts
expert &
Mar 30, 2022 - 5:26 PM

Hi Njk50,

I recommend a Wise.com account. I just posted about it here: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/avoid-banking-fees-when-paying-in-swiss-francs. It's an online bank, and they offer a card that allows you to get cash from an ATM too. Very low fees compared to regular banks and currency exchange offices.

This may also be of interest: www.myswissalps.com/swissfranc

Last modified on Mar 30, 2022 - 5:27 PM by Arno
Ildiko
Ildiko
2498 posts
top member &
Mar 30, 2022 - 5:44 PM in reply to Njk50

Hi Njk50,

I recommend Wise or Revolut debit card. You can read about Wise here: www.myswissalps.com/swissfranc and to learn even more about it, also visit this one: www.myswissalps.com/forum/topic/avoid-banking-fees-when-paying-in-swiss-francs.

I hope this helps,

Ildiko

Swede4life
Swede4life
87 posts
Apr 3, 2022 - 6:39 PM

Hi, I just signed up for Wise.Com. I do wish to get Swiss Francs from an ATM in the Zurich Airport upon arrival from the USA. If I understand how this works, I will deposit ahead of time; let's say, $1000 into the account from my USA bank account.

When I arrive at the Zurich Airport, I will put the Wise debit card into the ATM and enter my debit card pin to receive $1000 in Swiss Francs which is 899 CHf as of this writing. Any other fees will reduce the 899 CHf down to X. Is this the correct process? Thanks.

BTW, my other USA credit cards charge 3-5% ATM fee but no foreign transaction fees.

Anna
Anna
3881 posts
expert &
Apr 4, 2022 - 5:49 AM in reply to Swede4life

Hi Swede4life,

Yes, that sounds about right. When you open a Wise account, you can request for a debit card. You can use this card to withdraw cash from ATMs in Switzerland. It's handy when you need emergency cash while travelling abroad.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Anna

Swede4life
Swede4life
87 posts
Apr 4, 2022 - 11:01 AM in reply to Anna

Thank you.

SWISS TRAVEL MUST KNOWS

All you need to know about traveling by train, bus or car in Switzerland.

More

NEED SOME TIPS ON WHERE TO SLEEP?

Hand picked Swiss hotels and other accommodations are right here.

More

Who's MySwissAlps.com?
We're passionate tourists and locals. We share tips about planning a trip to Switzerland since 2002.
More about usNewsletter signup

© MySwissAlps.com 2002-2022